Reasoning is a subject that is quite important for IBPS RRB 2018. The IBPS RRB Mains exam is divided into a number of different sections. There are some sections which are common for all, irrespective of whether the candidate is applying for Officer grade posts or Officer Assistant post. One such section is the reasoning ability or reasoning, for short. In IBPS RRB mains exam, the reasoning section alone is worth 40 marks and there would be 50 questions from it. Let us now look at the IBPS RRB Reasoning Syllabus and analyze the syllabus for better understanding.
We suggest that you take a look at the exam pattern to get a better understanding about the scheme of the examination:
Detailed IBPS RRB Reasoning Syllabus
Topics in IBPS RRB Reasoning Syllabus
There is no ‘official’ syllabus for the reasoning section of IBPS RRB exam. However, questions in the exam are generally asked from the following topics.
- Arrangement and Pattern – You would be given a list of words and would be asked to arrange them as they would in a dictionary. In some other cases, you would be asked to arrange words or numbers according to the instructions.
- Coding and Decoding – You would be given an encoded word and you would be asked to decode it using logic.
- Direction and Distance – You would be given the path of a man or any other moving object and you would be asked to deduce its direction and/or distance travelled.
- Inequalities – Mathematical or coded inequalities.
- Syllogisms – You would be asked to draw a conclusion on the basis of the given statements.
- Machine Input and Output – You would be given the working of a machine. Based on that you would need to detect the input or output.
- Blood Relations – You would be asked to deduce the relation between two people based on the statements given to you
- Seating Arrangement – You would be asked to deduce the seating arrangement from the list of given statements.
Analysis of Topics in IBPS RRB
We have broken down the topics in the IBPS RRB reasoning syllabus. We have tabulated them below along with the average number of questions that come each year and the level of difficulty.
|Topic||No of Questions||Difficulty|
|Seating Arrangement||5-7||Easy to moderate|
|Blood Relations||2-3||Easy to moderate|
|Machine Output Input||0-3||Easy|
|Direction and Distance||2-3||Easy to moderate|
|Coding Decoding||5-6||Easy to moderate|
To know the complete details about the IBPS RRB Syllabus, click on the button below:
Suggested Strategy for IBPS RRB Reasoning Syllabus
Reasoning ability is perhaps the easiest and the most scoring sections in the IBPS RRB Mains exam. Just think about it – you don’t have to read about anything, nor do you have to remember anything. You just need to use your logic and that’s it! Of course, there are certain techniques to solve specific kind of problems. To know more about them, you can click here. The only thing that you need is practice. Practice solving questions every day and you would be solving even the most critical questions in no time!
Recommended Books for Reasoning Section for IBPS RRB Exam
You can follow these books for preparing for IBPS RRB reasoning test for mains
- Reasoning for IBPS,SSC, RRB and All Other Examinations
- IBPS RRB CWE-VII Regional Rural Banks Officers Main Examination 2018
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning
For a more detailed look at the strategy for reasoning preparation for IBPS RRB, click here.
That was a brief look at IBPS RRB reasoning syllabus. Hopefully, this article was of help to you. For more such useful articles, keep browsing our website.