The general awareness section of the IBPS RRB mains exam is an important part of the mains exam. Questions on general awareness are common for both IBPS RRB PO exam as well as IBPS RRB Office Assistant exam. A lot of candidates are often worried about how they should prepare for IBPS RRB General Awareness Preparation. Well, there is no point in denying the fact that General Awareness is tricky and you need to prepare in a smart way to get the desired marks that would get you selected for IBPS RRB 2021.
Understanding IBPS RRB General Awareness Section
The first thing that we should do before we begin with our general awareness preparation is to know a few simple things about IBPS general awareness section. Let us look at some of the most common things about IBPS RRB General Awareness section.
What is the syllabus for the IBPS RRB General Awareness Section?
Well, like most other subjects, there is no definite syllabus for IBPS RRB general awareness. The questions asked in the section can be divided into two broad categories – static GK and current affairs. You need to have different strategies for these two sections. We would come to that later.
How Difficult are the Questions?
The questions in IBPS RRB General Awareness section are relatively easy to answer. The only difficult thing is knowing what to study. Covering the entire syllabus is something that can seem like a daunting task to many. However, with a little bit of smart study, you would be able to get a high score with ease.
The Strategy for IBPS RRB General Awareness Preparation
As said before, the questions in IBPS RRB general awareness can be divided into two broad categories – current affairs and static GK. Let us see some of the tips that you can follow for each of the sections so as to get the desired rank in IBPS RRB 2021.
Important Topics for Current Affairs
- Foreign affairs
- Environment and Ecology like COP21 in Paris
- The recent events in India
- Government policies like Swacch Bharat Abhiyaan, Skill India
- Banking and financial news
How to Prepare for IBPS RRB Current Awareness?
- The most important thing that you need to do is read newspapers. Read at least one quality newspaper like The Hindu, or the Indian Express.
- Follow news on TV on channels like DD News, Rajya Sabha TV.
- Try to read at least one competition magazine like Pratiyogita Darpan or Competition Success.
Let us move on to the other section of IBPS RRB general awareness and that is static GK. Static GK as the name implies doesn’t change with time. So, basically, you don’t have to track anything. Let us see how you can prepare for it.
Important Topics for Static GK
- History of India from ancient times
- Geography of India
- Forest and environment, which includes sanctuaries, indigenous species etc.
- Polity of India, which includes the Parliament, its members and their eligibility, powers etc.
- Art and culture
- Economy and Finance, which includes learning about terms like GDP, FDI, CRR, Repo Rate, IPO etc.
How to Prepare for IBPS RRB GK?
- Read from NCERT books on History, Geography, Political Science and Economics. You don’t have to read all of them. Just Standard X and XII books would be enough.
- Read from Wikipedia.
- Most competition magazines like Pratiyogita Darpan and Competition Success has sections on static GK. Follow them.
- Don’t try to learn about everything under the sun.
- Questions are repeated in IBPS PO exam. So, solve previous year question papers as much as you can.
This was the ways you can do your IBPS RRB General Awareness Preparation. We hope that this article has been able to offer you some direction. For more such useful articles, keep browsing Topprnotes.
Best of luck!