The IBPS PO 2018 would be conducted to recruit the candidates as officers for various PSU banks. The exam would be conducted in three stages – prelims, mains, and interview. The first stage of the process is IBPS PO prelims exam. So, what is there is in the IBPS PO prelims exam? What are the subjects that you need to study? How to apply? In the following post, we would be looking at most of the details that you should know about the IBPS PO prelims exam.
IBPS PO Prelims – The Selection Process
Before you know the details about the IBPS PO Prelims examination, let us take a quick look at the overall selection process. You should know about the different stages that you should deal with when you are looking to apply for IBPS PO exam. The following stages are there in the IBPS PO selection process
- STEP 1: Filling Up the Online Application Form.
- STEP 2: IBPS PO Prelims
- STEP 3: IBPS PO Mains Exam
- STEP 4: Personal Interview
- STEP 5: Final Result
As you can see, the Prelims exam is the second stage of the process. After you pass the prelims exam, you would need to sit for the Mains exam. To know more about the IBPS PO selection procedure, click on the button below:
IBPS PO Prelims Exam Date 2018
Before you plan to apply for IBPS PO prelims, you need to know about the important dates. You need to know about the last date to apply for the exam, you need to know about the IBPS PO (Probation Officer) Prelims admit card release date and the likes. Here are some of the most important dates for IBPS PO 2018[su_table]
|IBPS PO 2018 Preliminary result||November 2018|
|IBPS PO 2018 Mains Result||December 2018|
|IBPS PO 2018 Interview||January/February 2019|
|Final result for IBPS PO 2019||April 2019|
IBPS PO Prelims – Eligibility Criteria
Okay, let us look at the eligibility criteria for IBPS PO Prelims. You need to fulfill the following criteria to be eligible for applying for IBPS PO 2018.
IBPS PO Age Limit
Your age needs to be within the IBPS PO Age Limit to be eligible for applying for the post. Given below are the details:
Minimum Age as on 01/08/2018: 20 Years
Maximum Age as on 01/08/2018: 30 Years
These are the requirements for IBPS PO age limit 2018 for candidates belonging to the General Category. Reserved category candidates and certain other candidates would get an age relaxation. The following table gives all the details
IBPS PO Age Limit – Relaxation for the Reserved Category and Certain Other Candidates[su_table]
|SC/ ST (Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe)||5 years|
|OBC (Other Backward Classes –Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|PwD (Persons With Disabilities)||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs). These candidates must have rendered at least 5 years of military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within an year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service||5 years|
|Persons actually domiciled in the J & K during the period from January 01, 1980 to December 31, 1989.||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
In order to claim age relaxation, you would have to produce relevant certificates to the authorities. You would need to carry a photocopy as well as the original certificates to the interview or any stage of the selection process, as directed by the IBPS.
Educational Qualifications for IBPS PO Preliminary
The educational qualifications are another important aspect for IBPS PO eligibility criteria. Given below are the educational requirements that form a part of the IBPS PO eligibility criteria.
Required Educational Qualifications
- As on 05.09.2018, the candidate must possess graduation degree in any discipline/stream from a University recognized by the Government of India.
- You are also allowed to apply for IBPS PO if you have a qualification that is recognized to be equivalent to graduation as recognized by the Government of India.
Some Important Facts
- You must have the original degree or final mark sheet with you as you would be required to produce them during the interview round for document verification.
- The date on the provisional certificate or the mark sheet would be considered to be the date of passing.
The IBPS PO Preliminary Examination Application Process
Next up, we would look at the application process for the IBPS PO(Probation Officer) Prelims exam. The mode of application is online. There is no other way of filling in the online application form that is accepted by the IBPS. You just need to follow these simple steps to apply for IBPS PO 2018
- Visit the official website for IBPS PO application and fill IBPS PO Form.
- Click on the link “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” to register their application by entering their basic information in the online application form.
- Registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional registration number and password for future reference.
- An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will be sent as well. Saved data can be re-accessed using the IBPS PO Registration number and password if you need to edit the particulars.
- Candidates are required to upload their scanned photograph and signature as per the general instructions.
- All the details should be carefully filled in the online application at the appropriate places very carefully and click on the “FINAL SUBMIT” button at the end of the online application process.
IBPS PO 2018 Application Form Payment
You need to pay an application fee during the application process. Candidates can choose to pay the application fees by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets by providing information as asked on the screen.[su_table]
General Instructions for candidates
- The photograph and signature must be scanned ensuring that both the photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm) and signature are according to the required specifications mentioned in the official notification (Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be accepted).
- Keep the essential details/documents ready to make Online Payment of the requisite application fee/ intimation charges.
- A valid personal email ID should be kept active until the completion of the Common Recruitment Process.
- IBPS may send call letters for the Examination etc. on the registered e-mail ID.
To know more details about the application process, click on the link below:
How to Download Your IBPS PO Preliminary Admit Card
You need to download your IBPS PO Prelims Admit Card to appear for the exam. Once you have filled your online application form properly and the admit card is released, you need to download your IBPS Probation officer Prelims Admit Card. To do that, you need to follow these steps.
- Log on to the official website.
- Enter the registration number that you got when you filled in your application form.
- Enter your date of birth
- Click on Submit
- Your admit card would be opened and you need to download it.
To know more about IBPS PO admit card, just click on the button below:
IBPS PO Prelims Exam Pattern
Now, let us look at the IBPS PO prelims exam itself. The first thing that we should know about is the exam pattern for IBPS PO preliminary examination. The following table gives you the details of the IBPS PO exam pattern:[su_table]
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Total||100||100||Composite time of 1 Hour|
For more information on the IBPS PO exam pattern, click on the button below:
IBPS PO Prelims Syllabus
As you can see above, there are three subjects in the IBPS PO preliminary exam syllabus. They are:
- Quantitative Ability
The topics included in each of the subjects are given below:[su_table]
|Reasoning||Quantitative Ability||English Language|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Alligations||Para jumbles|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Miscellaneous|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding Decoding||Permutation, Combination &Probability|
How to Check Your IBPS PO Result?
The next thing that you need to know about is how you can check your IBPS PO Prelims Result. To download your IBPS PO Result, you need to follow these simple steps.
- Log on to the official website of IBPS ibps.in
- Click on CWE PO/MT link
- A new window will open showing the message “check result of PO/MT CWE VII”
- Submit/Enter your Registration number and Date of Birth
- Take a printout of the IBPS PO 2017 Prelims scorecard
Candidates having questions regarding the IBPS PO results can make use of a privilege by asking for assistance through a toll-free number 1800 222 366, i.e. the IBPS helpline which is operational from 9.30 AM to 6 PM.
For the latest updates on the IBPS PO Result, click on the link below:
IBPS PO Cut Off for Prelims
The next thing that you need to look at is the IBPS PO cut off prelims. The cut off is the minimum marks that you need to score to qualify for IBPS PO mains. The following table gives you the details of the cut off for prelims
Expected IBPS PO cut off[su_table]
|Paper||English||Reasoning Ability||Quantitative||General Awareness||Total|
So, these were some of the most important information that you need to know about the IBPS PO Prelims Exam. We recommend that you take a look at the IBPS PO notification. Click on the link below to know more.