IBPS PO 2018 is an exam that would be conducted to recruit Probationary Officers or POs for various government sector banks in the country. In fact, except SBI and a few other banks, all the other major banks recruit officers through the IBPS PO exam. The exam itself is a three-stage process. You have the prelims, the mains and the interview. When it comes to IBPS PO, the mains stage is rather crucial as you do this is the most difficult stage of the process. In the following post, we would take a look at everything that you need to know about the IBPS PO Mains exam.
IBPS PO Mains – The Selection Process
As said before, the IBPS PO Mains is technically the middle stage of the process. Before you apply for IBPS PO mains, you need to clear IBPS PO prelims. On the other hand, after you pass the IBPS PO Mains Process, you would have to appear for the personal interview. The steps in the selection process are as follows:
- Apply online
- Prelims Examination
- Mains Examination
- Document Verification and Language Proficiency Test
- Provisional Allotment
To get more details about the IBPS Clerk Selection Process, click on the button below:
IBPS Probation Officer Mains Exam Date
Before you plan to apply for IBPS PO (Probation officer) mains, you need to know about the important dates. You need to keep a track of the important dates so that you don’t miss out anything. The following table gives the details of the dates
|On-line registration (Modification, Online Payment) by candidates||14th August 2018 – 4th September 2018|
|IBPS PO Preliminary Exam Date||13th, 14th, 20th and 21st October 2018|
|IBPS PO Mains Exam Date||18th November 2018|
|Declaration of IBPS PO Mains Exam Result||December 2018|
|Declaration and download of IBPS PO Interview Call Letter||January 2019|
|Date of IBPS PO Interview||January / February 2019|
|Allotment of Provisional Posting||April 2019|
As you can see the exact dates for a lot of events are not known yet. We would update the information as soon as we get it. To get the latest updates on Mains Exam Date, click on the link below:
IBPS PO Mains – Eligibility Criteria
Let us take a look at the IBPS PO Mains eligibility criteria for the mains exam. Well, there is no specific eligibility criteria for the mains. Here, we have listed the eligibility criteria for the IBPS PO exam 2018
Minimum Age as on 01/08/2018: 20 Years
Maximum Age as on 01/08/2018: 30 Years
These are the requirements for IBPS PO age limit 2018 for candidates belonging to the General Category. Reserved category candidates and certain other candidates would get an age relaxation. The following table gives all the details
IBPS PO Age Limit – Relaxation for the Reserved Category and Certain Other Candidates
|SC/ ST (Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe)||5 years|
|OBC (Other Backward Classes –Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|PwD (Persons With Disabilities)||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs). These candidates must have rendered at least 5 years of military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within an year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service||5 years|
|Persons actually domiciled in the J & K during the period from January 01, 1980 to December 31, 1989.||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
In order to claim age relaxation, you would have to produce relevant certificates to the authorities. You would need to carry a photocopy as well as the original certificates to the interview or any stage of the selection process, as directed by the IBPS.
Required Educational Qualifications
- As on 05.09.2018, the candidate must possess graduation degree in any discipline/stream from a University recognized by the Government of India.
- You are also allowed to apply for IBPS PO if you have an equivalent qualification which is recognized by the Government of India.
Some Facts About the IBPS PO Eligibility 2018
- You must have the original degree or final mark sheet with you as you would be required to produce them during the interview round for document verification.
- The date on the provisional certificate or the mark sheet would be considered to be the date of passing.
How to Apply for IBPS PO Mains?
Let us now look at the process of applying for IBPS PO Mains. You need to apply online for IBPS PO. To apply for IBPS PO, you need to follow these simple steps.
- Visit the official website for IBPS PO application and fill IBPS PO Form – IBPS PO Online Application Form 2017
- Click on the link “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” to register their application by entering their basic information in the online application form.
- Registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional registration number and password for future reference.
- An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will be sent as well. Saved data can be re-accessed using the IBPS PO Registration number and password if you need to edit the particulars.
- Candidates are required to upload their scanned photograph and signature as per the general instructions.
- All the details should be carefully filled in the online application at the appropriate places very carefully and click on the “FINAL SUBMIT” button at the end of the online application process.
IBPS PO 2018 Application Form Payment
You need to pay the online application fees when you are filling up the form. Candidates can choose to pay the application fees by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets by providing information as asked on the screen.
General Instructions for candidates
- The photograph and signature must be scanned ensuring that both the photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm) and signature are according to the required specifications mentioned in the official notification (Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be accepted).
- Keep the essential details/documents ready to make Online Payment of the requisite application fee/ intimation charges.
- A valid personal email ID should be kept active until the completion of Common Recruitment Process.
- IBPS may send call letters for the Examination etc. on the registered e-mail ID.
How to Download Your IBPS PO Mains Admit Card
You need to download your IBPS PO Admit Card to appear for the exam. Once you have filled your online application form properly and the admit card is released, you need to download your IBPS PO Mains Admit Card. To do that, you need to follow these steps.
- Log on to the official website.
- Enter the registration number that you got when you filled in your application form.
- Enter your date of birth
- Click on Submit
- Your admit card would be opened and you need to download it.
To know more about IBPS PO admit card, just click on the button below:
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern
We have talked about the application process until now. Now, let us talk about the IBPS PO exam. The first thing that you need to know is the IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern. The following table gives the details of the exam pattern for IBPS PO Mains.
|Name of test||No. of Question||Maximum marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 mins|
|English Language||35||40||40 mins|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 min|
|General Economy & Banking Awareness||40||40||35|
If you want to know more about the IBPS PO mains exam pattern, click on the button below:
IBPS PO Mains Syllabus
As we have seen above, there are the following subjects in the PO Mains Syllabus
- Data Interpretation
- General Economy and Banking Awareness
The following chart gives the details of the Mains Syllabus for IBPS PO:
|Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||English Language||General Awareness|
|Simplification||Verbal Reasoning||Internet||Reading Comprehension||Financial Awareness|
|Percentage||Circular Seating Arrangement||Keyboard Shortcuts||Vocabulary||General Knowledge|
|Ratio and Percentage||Linear Seating Arrangement||Computer Abbreviation||Verbal Ability|
|Data Interpretation||Double Lineup||Microsoft Office|
|Mensuration and Geometry||Scheduling||Computer Hardware|
|Quadratic Equation||Input Output||Computer Software|
|Interest||Blood Relations||Operating System|
|Problems of Ages||Directions and Distances||Networking|
|Profit and Loss||Ordering and Ranking||Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies|
|Number Series||Data Sufficiency|
|Speed, Distance and Time||Coding and Decoding|
|Time and Work||Code Inequalities|
|Permutation and Combination|
|Mixture and Allegations|
To know more about the IBPS PO syllabus, click on the link below:
Checking Your IBPS PO Mains Result
The following is the step-wise procedure that candidates should read for downloading the IBPS PO Mains Result:
- Log on to the official website of IBPS ibps.in
- Click on CWE PO/MT link
- A new window will open showing the message “check result of PO/MT CWE VII”
- Submit/Enter your Registration number and Date of Birth
- Take a printout of the IBPS PO Mains scorecard
Candidates having questions regarding the IBPS PO results can make use of a privilege by asking for assistance through a toll-free number 1800 222 366, i.e. the IBPS helpline which is operational from 9.30 AM to 6 PM.
The table should give you an idea about the IBPS PO mains result date declaration for the entire period of the examination:
|IBPS PO 2018 Preliminary result||November 2018|
|IBPS PO 2018 Mains Result||December 2018|
|IBPS PO 2018 Interview||January/February 2019|
|Final result for IBPS PO 2019||April 2019|
An equi-percentile method is applied to calculate the scores in preliminary and mains exams. The IBPS PO result is declared after normalizing the scores. The final result will be the consolidation of mains exam and interview.
IBPS PO Mains Cut Off
The Cut Off is the minimum marks that you need to score when you are looking to pass the IBPS PO Mains examination and qualify for the interview. The following table gives the details that you need for both the prelims and the mains exam.
|Paper||English||Reasoning Ability||Quantitative||General Awareness||Total|
The table above should give you an idea of the IBPS PO (Probation Officer) Mains cut off for both online exams going to be held in October/November 2018.
So, these were some of the most important pieces of information that you should know about IBPS PO Mains. Hopefully, this article was of help to you. For more information and the latest updates on IBPS PO 2018, click on the link below: