The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is going to conduct the Common Written Exam (CWE) in 2018 for recruiting Probationary Officers (PO)/ Management Trainees (MT) in various public sector banks. The IBPS PO 2018 gives you a splendid opportunity to get a career at one of the respected banks of the country. Often, candidates have a lot of questions about the IBPS PO exam. In the following post, we are going to look at some of the questions and find their answers.
What is the IBPS PO?
The Full Form of IBPS is Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. It is an organization that conducts recruitment examination for various PSU banks in the country. IBPS PO is an exam that is conducted to recruit officer level employees in various government banks.
IBPS full form is Institute of Banking Personnel Selection and this organization conducts various Banking exams to recruit bank officers at various levels.
Let us give you a snapshot of the examination. Please check the table below:
|Name of the Exam||IBPS Probationary Officer Exam 201 or IBPS CWE PO/MT VII|
|Name of the Conducting authority||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|Level of the exam||Minimum Undergraduate (Completed)|
|Type||All India Type|
|Mode||Application – Online
Examination – Online
Preliminary – Objective
Main – Objective and Descriptive
|Post Offered||Probationary Officers and Management Trainee|
|Pay Scale||Rs. 23700 – Rs. 42,020|
|Number of Vacancies||Approximately 3700|
What are the Dates for the IBPS PO Exam 2018?
Well, the exact dates are known only when the notification is declared. The notification for IBPS PO 2018 is not released yet. However, the tentative dates are available with Topprnotes. The following table of gives the tentative dates for IBPS PO 2018. We would update this information when the official notification is released.
|Date of release of official notification for IBPS PO 2017||August 2018|
|On-line registration (Modification, Online Payment) by candidates||August-2018 to September-2018|
|IBPS PO Preliminary Exam Date||October-2018|
|IBPS PO Mains Exam Date||November-2018|
|Declaration of IBPS PO Mains Exam Result||December 2018|
|Declaration and download of IBPS PO Interview Call Letter||January 2019|
|Date of IBPS PO Interview||January / February 2019|
|Allotment of Provisional Posting||April 2019|
Am I Eligible for Applying for IBPS PO 2018?
Well, you need to fulfill the IBPS PO eligibility criteria in order to apply for the exam. Let us take a look at the eligibility criteria as per the educational qualification, age relaxation among others to apply for IBPS PO exam.
1. Educational qualifications
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent in any field from a recognized university.
- They must have the mark sheet/degree certificate on the day of registration. While registering online, they must indicate the marks obtained during graduation.
The candidate should be aged between 20 years and 30 years. Additionally, there is age relaxation for candidates with different categories as per the rules of Government of India.
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (Army personnel)||5 years|
|Widows/Divorced Women||9 years|
|Persons with Domicile of Jammu &Kashmir during the period of 1-1-1980 to 31-12-1989||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Regular Employees of Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal|
|retrenched from service(for MP state Only)||5 years|
- Candidates must be either one of the mentioned below:
- Citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement
- Person of Indian Origin (PIO) who have migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam or East African countries of Zaire, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, with the intention of permanent settlement in India
- Candidates belonging to the category 2, 3, 4 must have a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India in their favour.
4. Language and Computer literacy
Proficiency in the official language of respective states/UTs is desirable. Working knowledge of computer systems is also mandatory both for the job and for taking the online test.
What Do I Need to Do to get Selected?
Let us give you an idea about the IBPS PO Selection Process. The candidates selected by the IBPS through a three-step as follows:
- Preliminary examination
- Mains examination
The table below shows the procedure followed by the IBPS that candidates need to know.
|Stage||Exam||Type of Exam||Mode of Exam||Marks|
|2||Mains||Objective and Descriptive||Online||200 for objective, 50 for descriptive|
|3||Interview||Face to face||Offline||100|
When Can I Get My IBPS PO 2018 Admit card?
As we have said before, the official notification is still not out yet. We can know about the exact dates for applying for the IBPS PO Admit Card when the notification is released. Candidates will probably start getting the admit cards from early September for the Pre-Exam. Applicants who have successfully registered for IBPS PO 2018 preliminary exam are advised to download their admit cards/call letters from the official IBPS website www.ibps.in. Please remember that hard copies will NOT be sent by post to any candidate.
You would need Registration ID and password are required for candidates to download admit cards for IBPS PO 2018. You would get them when you have successfully filled and submitted your online application for IBPS PO Exam
The call letters will be made available for each examination phase, 10 to15 days prior to the following phases:
- Preliminary exam
- Mains exam (subject to qualification in the preliminary exam)
- Interview (subject to qualification in mains exam)
How to apply for IBPS PO 2018
There would be a separate portal on the website www.ibps.in. You would need to use to apply for the exam. It shall be in operation from August 2018 until September 2018, where candidates apply for IBPS PO. Before applying, please make sure that you have the following things.
- Scanned images of your signature and photograph. Make sure the signature, as well as the photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm), adheres to the standards mentioned in Annexure III of the official notification.
- The necessary documents/details for making online payment of application fee/intimation charge
- Make sure you have a personal e-mail ID which should be active until the completion of this round of examination
- The IBPS may send call letters for exam through your registered e-mail ID. They are not sent through post or in another way
Alright, now let’s take a look at how you should deal with the application process for IBPS PO Clerk. You just need to follow these simple steps for filling up the online form for IBPS PO exam 2018
- Go to the official website of IBPS – www.ibps.in
- Candidates should click on “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” and enter their basic information in the online application form.
- Then, IBPS PO registration number and password will be generated and displayed on the screen. Candidates should note them down.
- SMS and e-mail will be sent indicating the registration number and password. Saved data can be re-opened using the IBPS PO registration number and password for editing particulars if required.
- Candidates need to upload their signature and photograph as per the rules mentioned in the official notification.
- Pay the Application Fee online, i.e. INR 100 for ST/SC/PWD Candidates and INR 600 for all others.
When to Check My IBPS PO 2018 Results
Well, this also needs to be done online. The exact dates for the declaration of results of IBPS PO 2018 are not yet known. The IBPS CWE PO/MT preliminary results will be declared in the month of November, while the results of mains exam will be out in December. Candidates are required to keep themselves regularly aware and updated about the results after every round as their progress will be based on their qualification for each round.
You can click on the following button and get the latest updates on IBPS PO dates 2018:
How to Check My Result?
You need to follow the given steps for getting the IBPS PO 2018 result:
- Log on to the official website of IBPS ibps.in
- Click on CWE PO/MT link
- A new window will open showing the message “check result of PO/MT CWE VII”
- Submit/Enter your Registration number and Date of Birth
- Take a print out of the PO scorecard
Candidates having questions regarding the results can make use of a privilege by asking for assistance through a toll-free number 1800 222 366, i.e. the IBPS helpline which is operational from 9.30 AM to 6 PM.
What is the Cutoff?
The cutoff in any examination is the minimum number of marks put forward by the competent authority for qualification. It is necessary for the candidate to score cutoff marks in each section. Overall, the cutoffs are based on an idea of a combination. Basically, the candidates must score the cutoff in sections and the combination of all the sectional marks must be more than the cutoff prescribed for the concerned exam.
The cutoffs vary with different categories and states. The factors which decide the cutoff are mentioned below:
- Difficulty level
- Recruitment statistics of last year
- Number of vacancies
- Examination attendance of candidates
What are the Cut Off Marks for IBPS PO Exam 2018?
The cutoff marks have not been disclosed yet. The predictions can be deduced from last year’s cutoff. The official notification by the IBPS states that the preliminary exam cutoff would be released in the month of October, while the mains exam cutoff would be disclosed in December 2017. Interview and allotment cutoffs can be checked during April 2018.
The following table gives the expected cut off for IBPS PO 2018
|Paper||English||Reasoning Ability||Quantitative||General Awareness||Total|
What are the Banks that Recruit Through IBPS PO Exam?
The following banks usually recruit through the exam. There is a high chance that all of them could recruit through IBPS PO 2018 as well. These banks are:
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab and Sind Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
What is the length of the Probation Period?
Successful candidates work on probation for 2 years, enabling him/her to understand the practical method and foundation of the bank. The probation period is divided into several phases in which one has to handle tasks such as internet banking, customer support, loans, cash handling, clearing etc. After two years of completion of this period, he/she is appointed as Manager or Assistant Manager.
To know more about the job, the salary and other such details about IBPS PO, click on the link below:
We hope we answered a majority of your questions about IBPS PO exam. For more information, click on the button below. You can also leave a comment and we would try to answer your individual questions.