The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS ) is going to conduct the IBPS Clerk exam 2018 to recruit candidates for clerical posts in PSU banks across the country. Now, the exam is a two-tiered one. The first stage and perhaps the most important stage of the exam is the IBPS Clerk Prelims exam. Why is this so important? Well, the competition is tougher at this stage as there are a huge number of candidates vying for the job. Therefore, if you want to get selected in IBPS Clerk 2018, then you must give special attention to the prelims stage of the exam. In the following post, we would focus on IBPS prelims exam 2018 – 2019 and know about all the details that you should know like Application, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Admit card for IBPS Clerk Prelims.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam – Selection Process
Let us first take a look at the IBPS Clerk Selection Process 2018. Candidates eligible for IBPS Clerk Exam 2018 can apply for prelims exam online and then proceed to mains exam after which a language proficiency test might be conducted by respective institutions. The steps in the selection process are as follows:
- Apply online
- Prelims Examination
- Mains Examination
- Document Verification and Language Proficiency Test
- Provisional Allotment
To get more details about the IBPS Clerk Selection Process, click on the button below:
IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Date 2018
Let us first look at the dates for IBPS Clerk Prelims. As per the notification, the dates for IBPS Clerk 2018 is as follows:
|1||IBPS Clerk 2018 prelims Exam dates||8, 9, 15, 16 December 2018|
|2||IBPS Clerk 2018 prelims result date||December 2018|
|3||IBPS Clerk 2018 mains exam||20 January 2019|
|4||IBPS Clerk 2018 mains exam result date||April 2019|
|5||Provisional allotment in IBPS Clerk 2018||April 2019|
IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam – Eligibility Criteria
Now, let us take a look at the eligibility criteria that you need to fulfill to apply for IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam
- Age Limit
The Minimum age to appear in IBPS Clerk 2018 is 20 years and the maximum age is 28 years.
Relaxation for upper age limit as per IBPS Clerk notification 2018 is as follows:
|Category||Relaxation in Age|
|Actual period of service
rendered in defense
forces + 3 years
(8 years for Disabled
belonging to SC/ST)
subject to a maximum
age limit of 50 years
|Jammu & Kashmir
by 1984 riots
|Regular Employees of
Union Carbide Factory,
Bhopal retrenched from
service (for MP state
- Educational Qualifications
Another important aspect of IBPS eligibility criteria is the educational qualifications. Let us take a look at some of the educational requirements for IBPS Clerk exam
- Candidates should have a graduation degree from a university or college recognized by Government of India or any equivalent qualification. However, the degree should have been pursued in any discipline.
- Candidates should have the original degree along with valid mark sheets.
- Computer literacy is also one of the important factors to appear for IBPS Clerk exam 2018. Consequently, Operating and working knowledge of computer systems are compulsory. Candidates should have a Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer science or should have studied Computer/Information Technology as one of the disciplines in High School/College/ Institute.
- As some of the participating institutions conduct Language proficiency test after the mains exam. Therefore, candidates should be proficient in the official language of the State/UT/NCR and should be able to read, speak and write it.
- If any college/university/institute provides CGPA or OGPA, candidates should convert it into the percentage, up to 2 decimal places and should fill accordingly in the application form. Henceforth, relevant documents and certificates should be present stating university norms for the CGPA/OGPA to percentage conversion as well as the percentage of marks which have been secured by the candidate. That certificate should be signed by an appropriate authority.
Candidates from college/university/institute where online certificates are provided, they should have the relevant document signed by the appropriate authority. In addition, that document should mention the candidate’s date of passing from college or university or institute.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Application Process
Let us look at how you can apply for the IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam. To apply for the IBPS clerk exam, you need to follow the given steps:
Step 1: To apply online for the exam, click on the below link which will take you to the official website of IBPS.
Step 2: Candidates should click on CWE Clerical first and then on Common Written Examination (CWE) for Clerical Cadre 7.
Step 3: Click on the link appearing on the page saying “Click here to apply online for CWE Clerical VII”.
Step 4: Visit the link saying “Click here for New Registration”
Step 5: Provide basic information to register for IBPS Clerk Exam. This is the first step for filling up the IBPS Clerk online application form As a result, candidates would receive a provisional registration number and system generated password after successful registration.
Step 6: Candidates would need to fill the online application form for the exam. After that, click on “Save and Next” after verifying and checking all the details filled in the application form in every section. It would not be possible to make any changes after clicking on the Final Submit button.
Step 7: Click on Submit button and then candidates would need to upload photo and signature.
Step 8: Candidates would need to mention the state they want to apply. Therefore, No requests for changes will be entertained in the future.
Step 9: As the last step, make the online payment. Hence, Candidates should take a printout of e-receipt and online application for future reference. Online payment can be made using credit card/debit card/net banking.
Application fees for IBPS Clerk 2018 Exam
You need to pay an application fee when you are going for IBPS clerk 2018 apply online. The fee should be paid at the time of filling up the IBPS Clerk 2018 form.
|S. No.||Category||Application Fee|
|1||SC/ST/PWD||Rs.100/- (Intimation Charges only)|
|2||General and Others||Rs. 600/- (App. Fee including intimation charges)|
The application fee is non-refundable.
Note: If candidates want to make more than 1 submission for the application form, IBPS will consider only the final complete application. Application fees for the previous applications have to be foregone.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern
Let us now try to understand the eactual exam IBPS Clerk prelims 2019. This is would be an MCQ based test. This means that you would get a list of options and you have to choose the right answer. The detailed exam pattern for IBPS Clerk is given below
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Total||100||100||Composite time of 1 Hour|
IBPS Clerk Syllabus
- Ratio & Proportions
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Time And Distance
- Stocks and Shares
- Data Interpretation and Approximate Values
- HCF & LCM, Simplification
- Percentage, Partnership
- Compound and Simple Interest
- Time And Work
- Relationship Between Numbers
- Whole Numbers
- Decimals And Fractions
- Number Series, Probability
- Permutations & Combination’s
- Vocabulary: Homonyms, Antonyms, Synonyms, Word Formation, Spelling
- Grammar: Active/ Passive voice, Spotting Errors, Direct and Indirect speech, Phrases and idioms
- Reading Comprehension: Passage completion, Rearrangement of topics in a passage, Theme Detection, Deriving Conclusion.
- Verbal and figure classification
- Decision making
- Symbols and their relationships
- Analytical functions
- Arithmetical computation
- Verbal and non-verbal
- Observation, Arithmetical reasoning
- Analysis, Similarities, Analogies
- Space visualization, Judgment
- Arithmetical number series, Visual memory
- Relationship concepts, Differences
- Problem solving, Discrimination
IBPS Clerk Books
Let us take a look some of the best IBPS clerk exam books that you should refer to when you are looking to get good marks in the exam.
Books for IBPS Clerk Prelims
As we have said before, you have the following subjects in IBPS Clerk Prelims
- Quantitative Aptitude
Let us look at the best book for IBPS clerk for each of the subjects
Books for Reasoning
|Title||Why You Should Read?||Link|
|How to Crack Test Of Reasoning- REVISED EDITION||It introduces you to the different types of questions asked in Reasoning and also helps you to solve them quickly and accurately||Buy Now|
|Topic-wise Solved Papers for IBPS/SBI Bank PO/Clerk Prelim & Mains (2010-16) Reasoning||It contains a good number of questions on each reasoning topic. It is great for practice||Buy Now|
Books for Quantitative Aptitude
|Title||Why You Should Read?||Link|
|Shortcuts in Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams||It helps you to learn useful shortcuts for solving complicated math problems||Buy Now|
|Topic-wise Solved Papers for IBPS/SBI Bank PO/Clerk Prelim & Main Exam (2010-18) Quantitative Aptitude||It has topic-wise questions, both solved and unsolved. This would give you enough practice for the subject||Buy Now|
Books for English
Apart from the books mentioned below, we would suggest that you read your school grammar book first to brush up on your grammar.
|Title||Why You Should Read?||Link|
|Kiran’s IBPS Bank Clerk CWE 2017 Common Written Examination 21 Previous Exams Solved Papers 2011-2017 (English)||This contains a good number of solved question papers. If you are looking for a good IBPS Clerk Previous Year Question Paper Book, then this is it.||Buy Now|
|Topic-wise Solved Papers for IBPS/SBI Bank PO/Clerk Prelim & Main Exam (2010-18) English||This is another great book that you should consider. It has topic wise questions which would help you while you are revising for each section.||Buy Now|
IBPS Prelims Question Paper
If you are looking to prepare for IBPS Prelims, one of the most important thing that you should do is prepare for IBPS prelims question paper. The question paper would introduce you to the concepts and on the type of questions that would be asked in the exam. Apart from practice IBPS Clerk Prelims Previous Year Question Paper, you should also try to practice online mock test for IBPS clerk prelims as they would enhance your practice.
To get IBPS Clerk Prelims question paper from previous years, click on the button below:
Steps to check IBPS Clerk 2018 Prelims Result
- Step 1: Visit the below link to check IBPS Clerk 2018 Prelims Result.
- Step 2: Candidates would need to enter Roll number/Registration number and password/date of birth after opening the login window and click on the login button.
- Step 3: IBPS Clerk 2018 Prelims result will be displayed on the screen and candidates can download and take print out for future reference.
- Step 4: Until the provisional allotment and final call letter is received, candidates should keep the result with them.
To check the scores obtained in the IBPS Clerk 2018 Prelims exam, candidates would need to wait for 7 days after the declaration of result.
Information on your IBPS Clerk Score Card for Prelims 2018
Your IBPS Clerk Result Scorecard would have the following pieces of information:
- Your roll number
- Your name
- Your score in each of the sections of IBPS Clerk Paper
- The cutoff for each of the sections
- Your status, i.e. whether you have qualified for the next round or not.
Please check that all the information provided in the scorecard are correct. Check the spelling of your name, the roll number and all the other details. If there is any error, you need to get in touch with the IBPS authorities and resolve the issue.
IBPS Clerk cut off marks
You need to clear IBPS Clerk Cut Off for Prelims to pass and appear for the mains exam. The official cut off for 2018 is not available. However, the IBPS clerk cut off for 2017 is released. IBPS Clerk cutoff for Prelims in 2017 is released by IBPS as follows:
Sectional IBPS Clerk Cut off 2017
IBPS Clerk Cut off for Prelims – State Wise
IBPS released the state wise cutoff for Prelims exam 2017 such that candidates can prepare for Mains Exam accordingly. Details about IBPS Clerk 2017 cutoff according to the states are as follows:
|Jammu and Kashmir||68.75|
So, these were some of the most important information that you should know about IBPS Clerk Prelims exam. Know more about the IBPS Clerk 2018 from Topprnotes click on the links below: