IBPS Clerk Notification 2018 is released by IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel) to recruit candidates for the posts of Clerical Cadre at 19 public sector banks in India. The notification has all the information about that exam, the dates, the eligibility criteria, the result of the exam and other things. Let us take a closer look at the details of the IBPS Clerk 2018 notification and see all the important information that you need to understand for applying for IBPS recruitment 2018
Online registration for IBPS Clerk 2018 exam would start from will start from 18th September 2019 and candidates can apply online by filling up application form whose last date would be 10th October 2018. Prelims Exam is scheduled on 8th December, 9th December, 15th December, and 16th December 2018 whereas Mains Exam is scheduled on 20th January 2019. You can check the official IBPS Clerk Notification 2018 on the official website of IBPS. We would also update the changes as soon as the official changes are made.
IBPS Clerk Exam Dates 2018
One of the most important things that you need to check out in the IBPS clerk notification is the important dates of the exam. As said before, the preliminary exam will be conducted in December 2018 and mains exam will be conducted in January 2019. Candidates looking to apply for IBPS Recruitment 2018. Admit Cards for Prelims Exam are released in the month of October. IBPS Clerk 2018 Notification gives the important dates related to IBPS Clerk Exam. Know more about IBPS exam dates in the following table.
|Online Registration starts||18th September 2018|
|Online Registration ends||10th October 2018|
|Pre-Exam Training call letters download||November 2018 (exact date to be notified later)|
|Pre-Exam Training||26th November 2018 to 1st December 2018|
|Admit card for Prelims download||26th November 2018|
|IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Date 2018||8,9,15,16 December 2018|
|Admit card for IBPS Clerk Mains Download||January 2019|
|IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Date||2oth January 2019|
|IBPS Clerk Provisional Allotment||April 2019|
You can know more about the important dates for IBPS Clerk Recruitment by following our article on IBPS exam date.
IBPS Clerk Notification 2018: How to apply
Registration for IBPS Clerk exam 2018 would probably start from 18th September 2018 and would go until 10th October 2018. IBPS conducts exam in the online format both for prelims and mains. There are some important points you should consider while filling up IBPS Clerk 2018 Application Form.
- You should use any of the these supported browsers: Internet Explorer 8 and above, Mozilla Firefox 3.0 and above, Google Chrome 3.0 and above.
- You should have a valid email id to apply online on IBPS website.
- Photograph and Signature as per prescribed size on the website.
- Netbanking, Credit Card or Debit Card to pay application fees online.
IBPS Clerk 2018 Exam – Eligibility Criteria
- Age: The minimum age for IBPS Clerk Exam is 20 years and maximum age is 28 years.
- Qualification: Candidates should have a degree in graduation in any course from a university recognized by Government of India or any equivalent qualification recognized by Central Government.
- Candidates should be well versed with Proficiency in the local state language from where they are applying.
IBPS Clerk 2018 Vacancies
The number of posts is filled through the IBPS Clerk 2018 is 7275. As per the IBPS Clerk Notification 2017, there were 7883 vacancies for recruitment in 19 public sector banks for the posts of clerical cadre. Since less number of banks are participating in the IBPS Recruitment, competition is going to increase this year.
IBPS Clerk 2018 Exam Pattern
IBPS Clerk 2018 Exam occurs in 2 stages i.e Prelims and Mains Exam for Selection along with a language proficiency test. Exam patterns for both exams are different with respect to subjects.
IBPS Clerk 2018 Prelims Exam Pattern
Prelims Exam consists of 3 sections: 35 Questions of Quantitative Ability, 35 Questions of Reasoning Ability and 30 Questions of English with the composite time of 1 hour to complete all 3 sections. Candidates need to manage time accordingly by completing their strong sections first and then handling the weaker sections.
IBPS Clerk 2018 Mains Exam Pattern
Prelims Exam consists of 4 sections: 50 Questions of General Awareness in 35 minutes, 50 Questions of Quantitative Ability in 45 minutes, 50 Questions of Reasoning Ability and Computer Knowledge in 45 minutes and 40 Questions of English in 35 minutes with the composite time of 160 minutes to complete all 3 sections.
Syllabus of IBPS Clerk Exam 2018
Check out the syllabus for IBPS Clerk Exam 2018. This link depicts the complete details section wise about the IBPS Clerk syllabus.
IBPS Clerk 2018 Exam – Selection process
The selection process for IBPS Clerk consists of 4 phases:
- Preliminary exam: This exam is the qualifying criteria for IBPS Clerk Exam for the next phase of Mains Exam.
- Basis the cutoff declared by concerning institute regarding passing marks, candidates need to clear the exam on the basis of which candidates will be shortlisted.
Clearing Prelims exam is mandatory to appear for mains exam.
- Negative marking allows deducting 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer for the question.
- Mains exam:
- Online Examination of 200 marks comprising of 4 sections.
- Sectional timings for each section will be provided in the IBPS Mains Exam.
- Candidates need to score a minimum score in each sectional test.
- IBPS participating institutions declare cutoffs basis the vacancies present and then candidates are considered for provisional allotment.
- Document Verification and Language Proficiency Test: Verification of documents is done by participating institutions to check if candidates meet the eligibility criteria. Various participating institutes can conduct a language proficiency test for local proficiency (Reading, Writing, Speaking).
- Provisional Allotment: Basis the score of Candidates in Mains exam and fulfillment of eligibility criteria, provisional allotments are conducted by corresponding state institutes.
** No interviews are conducted for the IBPS Clerk Exam.
IBPS Clerk 2018 Exam Center
IBPS Clerk Exam is conducted online at various Exam centers all over the country. Candidates can fill their choice of center when they apply online. No changes for IBPS clerk Exam center will be entertained by conducting body once the center is chosen. There are 224 cities where the exams will be conducted.
Application fees for IBPS Clerk 2018
IBPS Clerk Exam application category wise fees are given below. Fee/Intimation charges are non-refundable once paid. Application fees can be paid online on the official website. The exact detail of fees would be released when IBPS Clerk Exam
|S. No.||Category||Application Fee|
|1||SC/ST/PWD||Rs.100/- (Intimation Charges only)|
|2||General and Others||Rs. 600/- (App. Fee including intimation charges)|
So, these were all the information that you should know about the IBPS clerk notification. We would update any changes, once they are made official. You can browse our website for more information on IBPS clerk recruitment 2018.