IBPS Clerk Exam Notification 2018 is released by IBPS and the candidates for the posts of clerical cadre will be recruited in 19 public sector banks. Aspirants for Government and Banking sector jobs apply for IBPS Clerk exam. IBPS Clerk Selection process involves applying for the exam, prelims and mains exam, document verification and then provisional allotment at various institutes for 7275 vacancies all over India.
IBPS Clerk Selection Process 2018 – Complete details
Candidates eligible for IBPS Clerk Exam 2018 can apply for prelims exam online and then proceed to mains exam after which a language proficiency test might be conducted by respective institutions.
- Apply online
- Prelims Examination
- Mains Examination
- Document Verification and Language Proficiency Test
- Provisional Allotment
IBPS Clerk Selection Process 2018 Stages in detail
IBPS has released the notification for IBPS clerk 2018 and the process of application would start in September 2018. You can apply for the IBPS Clerk by filling up the application form online. Candidates can fill the application form of IBPS Clerk Exam 2018 in five steps: registration, photo and signature upload, filling up basic details and fees payment. Aspirants who fill the application form will be able to give the prelims exam.
IBPS Clerk Prelims exam is conducted online by IBPS at various exam centers all over India. Important information about IBPS Clerk prelims exam are as follows:
- The prelims exam consists of 3 sections: English language, Quantitative ability and Reasoning ability.
- The exam will be of 100 marks in total and candidates will get the total time of 1 hour to complete all 3 sections.
- Candidates will need to complete all sections to qualify for the mains exam.
- IBPS will release the cutoff for Prelim exam after which candidates will be qualified for next round i.e IBPS Clerk 2018 online Mains Examination.
The next stage of the selection process for IBPS Clerk mains exam is conducted online by IBPS at various exam centers all over India for the candidates who clear the prelims exam. Important information about mains exam is as follows:
- Online mains exam will consist of 4 sections: Reasoning and Computer knowledge, English language, Quantitative ability, General Awareness.
- Candidates who cleared the IBPS Clerk 2018 Prelims Exam will be eligible to give the online exam.
- Mains Exam will have sectional timings for each section. A total of 160 minutes is provided to the candidates for this online exam of 200 marks.
- Overall and sectional Cutoffs for the mains exam will be released after the exam and candidates will be provided call letter accordingly for provisional allotment.
- Online mains examination scores will not be released before provisional allotment by various institutions.
Document Verification and Language proficiency test
Document verification is one of the most important stages of IBPS clerk selection process. Provisional allotment of candidates is subject to fulfilling the criteria set by participating institutions and identity verification. Participating institution will carry out the verification of documents with regard to eligibility criteria set by IBPS.
Participating organization will conduct a local language proficiency test (reading, writing and speaking) of the State/UT/NCR for the candidates allotted provisionally. Hence, Candidates will be required to clear this language proficiency test and institution can reject the candidate if they fail. Participating institution can ask to write a passage, speak a passage in the local language to check proficiency.
The decision by participating institution will be final due to which, they reserve the right to cancel the application for any candidate at any time if they don’t meet the eligibility criteria defined by the IBPS.
IBPS Clerk mains exam is of 200 marks and will be converted out of 100 for provisional allotment. Moreover, Candidates will need to clear the cutoffs released by IBPS for mains exam to be eligible for provisional allotment at various public sector banks.
Vacancies will be filled at various participating institutions basis their business needs in the financial year 2018-19. The final number of vacancies will be reported by participating institutions at the end of the provisional allotment. Provisional allotment of candidates will be made to participating institutions on the basis of merit and preference. However, no requests for changes of allotment will be entertained by the institution.
IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2018
IBPS released the notification for IBPS Clerk Exam 2018 and therefore, candidates should be well versed with the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. Eligibility criteria across age limit and educational qualification should be considered as defined in the below link.