IBPS conducts IBPS Clerk Exam online in 2 stages and to apply for it, candidates need to fulfill eligibility criteria set by IBPS. Candidates can check the age limit and educational qualification required to apply for IBPS Clerk Exam 2018 in the following article. Candidates looking for jobs in Government sector and banking sector should apply for IBPS Clerk Exam which is conducted between September 2018 to January 2019. The Prelims exam would be conducted on the 8th, 9th,15th, 16th December 2018. The mains exam would be conducted on the 20th January 2019. In the following article, we would be talking about the IBPS Clerk Age limit and other eligibility criteria.
IBPS Clerk Age Limit
Let us first talk about the IBPS Clerk Age Limit 2018. The Minimum age to appear in IBPS Clerk 2018 is 20 years and the maximum age is 28 years. However, candidates born earlier than 2nd Sept 1989 and later than 1st September 1997 do not fulfill the IBPS Clerk eligibility criteria. Candidates belonging to certain categories can also get relaxation on IBPS Clerk Age Limit. Relaxation for upper age limit as per IBPS Clerk notification 2018 is as follows:
|Category||Relaxation in Age|
|Actual period of service
rendered in defense
forces + 3 years
(8 years for Disabled
belonging to SC/ST)
subject to a maximum
age limit of 50 years
|Jammu & Kashmir
by 1984 riots
|Regular Employees of
Union Carbide Factory,
Bhopal retrenched from
service (for MP state
2. Educational Qualifications
Another important aspect of IBPS eligibility criteria is the educational qualifications. Let us take a look at some of the educational requirements for IBPS Clerk exam
- Candidates should have a graduation degree from a university or college recognized by Government of India or any equivalent qualification. However, the degree should have been pursued in any discipline.
- Candidates should have the original degree along with valid mark sheets.
- Computer literacy is also one of the important factors to appear for IBPS Clerk exam 2018. Consequently, Operating and working knowledge of computer systems are compulsory. Candidates should have a Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer science or should have studied Computer/Information Technology as one of the disciplines in High School/College/ Institute.
- As some of the participating institutions conduct Language proficiency test after the mains exam. Therefore, candidates should be proficient in the official language of the State/UT/NCR and should be able to read, speak and write it.
- If any college/university/institute provides CGPA or OGPA, candidates should convert it into the percentage, up to 2 decimal places and should fill accordingly in the application form. Henceforth, relevant documents and certificates should be present stating university norms for the CGPA/OGPA to percentage conversion as well as the percentage of marks which have been secured by the candidate. That certificate should be signed by an appropriate authority.
- Candidates from college/university/institute where online certificates are provided, they should have the relevant document signed by the appropriate authority. In addition, that document should mention candidate’s date of passing from college or university or institute.
IBPS Clerk Selection process 2018
According to IBPS Clerk Notification 2018, Candidates are selected via 2 step process i.e Preliminary and Mains Exam. To know more about the selection process, check the below link.
So, that was the important information that you should know about IBPS Clerk Age Limit and IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria. You can check out the following articles for more information on IBPS clerk exam.