Computer Science is one of the most popular streams in GATE. If you are preparing for CSE for GATE, then you should know about the best books that you need to study for GATE CSE. In the following post, we would talk about GATE Book for CSE. We would first take a look at the list of the books that you should study and then the topics that you should study from each GATE Book for CSE.
Before we look at the GATE Book for CSE, you should first know about the GATE Syllabus for CSE. Click on the link below to know about the syllabus:
GATE Book for CSE – List of Books that You Should Study
The following table gives the details of the books that you should study for GATE CSE
|1.||An Introduction to Formal Languages and Automata||Peter Linz|
|2.||Discrete Mathematics and Its Applications||Kenneth Rosen|
|3.||Introduction to Algorithms||C.L.R.S|
|4.||Database Systems||Elmasri & Navathe|
|5.||Computer System Architecture||Morris Mano|
|6.||The C Programming Language||Dennis Ritchie|
|7.||Data Communications and Networking||Forouzan|
|8.||Operating System Concepts||Galvin|
|9.||Data Structures Using C||Tenenbaum|
|10.||Compilers : Principles,Techniques & Tools||Ullman|
|11.||Modern Digital Electronics||R. P. Jain|
Details about Books for GATE Computer Science
Read the details about GATE Computer Science books that will give you the necessary introduction & complete importance.
1. An Introduction to Formal Languages and Automata by Peter Linz.
- This is the best book for GATE for TOC
- It covers all the topics with simple explanation and interesting problems at the end of each chapter. If one goes through this book nicely, you can score high in TOC.
2. Discrete Mathematics and Its Applications by Kenneth Rosen.
- This is the right book for Introductory Discrete Mathematics and it is highly recommended for GATE. This book is a must-read for GATE Aspirant.
- It will help you build a solid foundation in combinatorics, graph theory which carries over through Algorithms as well. Especially the first chapter on propositional logic is intriguing.
3. Introduction to Algorithms (C.L.R.S)
- This book is essential for preparing for GATE Computer Science. The Art of Computer Programming, by Donald E. Knuth (Volumes 1-4) is another great book
- CLRS is necessary and sufficient for GATE. Ideally one should implement the algorithms in C/C++.
- It is an excellent book for GATE. You can depend on this book for the entire syllabus.
- In addition, you can refer Database Management Systems by Raghu Ramakrishnan for transaction management.
5. Computer System Architecture by Morris Mano
- This book will clear your basics and you should be able to solve previous GATE questions with ease.
- In addition, for pipelining Computer Organization by HAMACHER can be referred.
6. The C Programming Language by Dennis Ritchie
- Just Stick with this book for C Programming Language.
7. Data Communications and Networking by Forouzan
- This is a comprehensive book for a vast subject and can be referred to clear networking concepts.
- Computer Networking by James F. Kurose is quite popular among GATE aspirants.
8. Operating System Concepts by Galvin
- This is a very interesting book, covering entire GATE syllabus and easy to understand.
9. Data Structures Using C by Tenenbaum
- A solid grasp on data structures is very important for a good programmer and this book is a great one to start with & Sufficient for GATE.
10. Compilers: Principles, Techniques, & Tools by Ullman
- This is perhaps the only book where examples are given excellently.
- It will help you to understand the compiler concepts well.
11. Modern Digital Electronics by R.P Jain
- This is a very good book for digital and can be read along with NPTEL lecture by Prof.S.Srinivasan.
- Digital Logic and Computer Design by M. Morris Mano is an excellent book.
These were the details of the GATE Book for CSE. We hope that this would help you in your preparation. To know more about the GATE 2019 exam, click on the link below: