Do you have a strong affinity towards arts, its underlying disciplines, and creative applications? Do you want to have a mature grasp of the range of critical debate surrounding contemporary art and its many international histories? If you have answered yes, then All India Entrance Exam for Design (AIEED) opens your door to the realization of your creative goals.
All India Entrance Exam for Design (AIEED)
All India Entrance Exam for Design, popular by the acronym AIEED, is a national-level joint entrance exam organized and conducted annually by ARCH College of Design and Business, an internationally acknowledged institution in Jaipur for design studies, in various centers across the country to admit students to the following undergraduate and postgraduate programs in design offered by the institute:
(I) Undergraduate Programs
- B.Des Fashion Design
- B.Des Interior Design
- B.Des Craft and Accessory Design
- B.Des Jewellery Design
- B.A Fashion Design
- B.An Interior Design
- B.A Product Design
- B.A Graphic Design
- B.A. Digital Design
- B.A. Photography
- BVA(Applied Arts)
(II) Postgraduate Programs
- M.Voc Fashion Design and Entp.
- M.Voc Interior Design and Entp.
- M.Voc. Jewellery Design and Entp.
- M.Voc. Product Design and Entp.
- M.Voc. Design Communication
|The application form will be made available by||November third week 2018|
|The issue of admit cards||December third week 2018|
|AIEED GAT Exam||December last week 2018(a week prior to the exam)|
|AIEED CAT Exam||January first week 2019|
|Results of online exam will be declared||A week after the online exam|
|Results of the offline exam will be declared by||February 2019|
|Counseling for UG admission||April 2019|
|Counseling for PG admission||February to March 2019|
(I) For Undergraduate Programs
The following conditions must be met with to be eligible to apply for admission to the various undergraduate programs at ARCH College of Design and Business:
- The candidate must be of at least 16 years of age as on 2019.
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from any recognized Central or State board as per UGC guidelines. Candidates appearing for the exam in 2019 can also apply. The qualified candidates will be considered for the admission in 2020 after clearing the third and last stages.
- Candidates with a valid NID/NIFT/NATA score are exempted from the first round and can apply directly for the Interaction and Portfolio round.
- Clearing Pearson Test of English (PTE) by the first year will give you progression to UK University.
(II) For Postgraduate Programs
The following conditions must be met with to be eligible to apply for admission to the various postgraduate programs at ARCH College of Design and Business:
- The candidate must be a graduate in any discipline OR
- Candidates pursuing graduation in any discipline can apply for the postgraduate programs at ARCH College of Design and Business.
- Candidate’s recent photograph in JPEG format with a maximum size of 1 MB.
- Mark sheets of the 10th and 12th grade in JPEG format with a maximum size of 1 MB.
- Candidate’s address proof in JPEG format with a maximum size of 1 MB.
How to Apply
The application form is available both offline and online. The online form is made available from the third week of November 2018 on the official website. The offline form can be purchased from ARCH Academy of Design Center, Malviya Nagar, Jaipur by cash or DD. Fill out and submit the form.
To fill the application form online, register on the official website and create a login account using your name, Email ID, password and date of birth. Log in to your account using the registration number and password sent to you via mail. Fill in the form by giving the required details including your gender, nationality, address, category, educational qualifications, state domicile, parent’s names, and preferred choice of exam center and course. Upload the above-stated documents in the prescribed size and format. Pay the application fee of 3000INR which can be paid through any of the following modes:
- Online payment can be made through Credit card/Debit card/Net Banking.
- Demand draft mentioning your name and phone number at the back sent to the following address:
ARCH College of Design and Business,
Plot No. 9, Govind Marg,
Malviya Nagar, Jaipur, 302017
- Candidates can pay the fee in any branch of Bank of India. In such cases, the candidate must submit the scanned copy of the receipt and personal details on [email protected] for reference. The bank details are provided below:
BANK OF INDIA
M.I. Road Branch, Jaipur
Payable to Arch Educational Society, Jaipur
A/C No. 660020100003311
RTGS/IFSC Code – BKID0006600
PAN No. AAAAA1934C
Submit the application form before the prescribed date.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
(I) For Undergraduate Programs
All India Entrance Exam for Design (AIEED) for admissions to the undergraduate programs is conducted in the following three stages:
- General Aptitude Test(GAT): This is an online exam spanning 3 hours with a maximum of 200 marks aimed at testing the candidates’ logical reasoning, design sensibilities and awareness, general awareness on global issues, concept, and comprehension. This section will have a total of 90 questions.
- Creative Aptitude Test(CAT): This is center-based or online test spanning 3 hours with a maximum of 200 marks aimed at testing the candidates’ articulation skills, design thinking, lateral suffering and creating problem-solving, awareness of design principles. This section will have a total of 26 questions.
- Interview and Portfolio: This section is a post-exam session spanning 30 minutes with a maximum of 100 marks. This section evaluates the candidate’s basic articulations skills, clarity in thought and expression and analyzes the range of work in the portfolio. The portfolio must reveal your interests and abilities and must include the creative works of the candidate.
(II) For Postgraduate Programs
All India Entrance Exam for Design (AIEED) for admissions to the postgraduate programs is conducted in the following two stages:
- General Aptitude Test(GAT): This section is an online test spanning three hours with a maximum of 200 marks. This section has a total of 90 questions to assess the candidates’ logical reasoning, design sensibilities and awareness, general awareness of global issues, concept, and comprehension.
- Interview and Portfolio Presentation: This section is a post-exam session spanning 30 minutes with a maximum of 100 marks. This section evaluates the candidate’s basic articulations skills, clarity in thought and expression and analyzes the range of work in the portfolio. The portfolio must reveal your interests and abilities and must include the creative works of the candidate.
Admit Cards will be made available online on the official website one week prior to the exam. Click ‘AIEED Admit Card’ link and click ‘Submit’ after entering the login credentials to download the Admit card. Take a print-out of your admit card and affix your photograph on it.
Results of All India Entrance Exam for Design (AIEED) 2019 will be declared on the official website about a week after the exam. Click the ‘Result’ link on the official website and click ‘Submit’ after entering the login credentials to view the result.
The selected candidates will be notified via email and post about their result and counseling schedule including date, time, and venue. Failure to attend the session on the prescribed dates and time with the essential documents will disqualify you.
For further information and updated notifications, visit the official website:
Attempt AIEED for a curriculum that is centered on the individual’s potential and imagination. Give yourself an environment exclusively devoted to art and design coupled with the ambitious atmosphere. Good luck with your attempts.