DU LLB Entrance Syllabus – DU LLB is a prestigious law entrance exam. The DU LLB entrance is conducted by Faculty of Law, Delhi University. The Delhi University will be the DU LLB 2019 exam organizing body. DU LLB is the single path to reach and study at the prestigious Law Centers of DU.
The DU LLB 2019 syllabus for the entrance exam will be in accordance with the previous year of studies and general knowledge acquired by a candidate. The syllabus for LL.B entrance will be from the basic English, logical reasoning and aptitude, general knowledge etc. The Faculty of Law, DU conducting authorities will not release any official syllabus for the DU LLB 2019 exam. But we can predict the syllabus from analyzing the previous year question papers of DU LLB.
We bring you the expected DU LLB syllabus and distribution of topic wise syllabus for the paper pattern. The important topic to be covered and the preparation strategy for the entrance exam.
DU LLB Syllabus
The Faculty of Law, DU will be declaring the DU LLB results soon after the successfully conducting the exam. It is expected that the DU LLB syllabus for 2019 will remain same as that of the previous year. The important topics expected to be there in the DU LLB are:
Syllabus for the exam will cover questions from General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Legal Aptitude, English Language, and Legal Awareness.
General Knowledge & Current Affairs
This section will include questions from General Knowledge and Current Affairs. The questions from GK will test the static knowledge of candidates from the prominent aspects of the national and international level.
Few of the frequently asked topics:
- Environment ecology
- General Science
- Books & Authors
There will be approx 25 questions from this section in the DU LLB question paper.
Legal Awareness & Aptitude
This section will test candidate ability and interest towards understanding & solving issues of legal nature. The type of question asked in this part is that the number of propositions will be given and the candidates will have to analyze the truthfulness of the proposition and assume the most suitable answer.
- Indian Penal Code
- Important Landmarks
- Indian Constitution
- Legal Maxims and Supreme Court Judgments
There will be a total of 25 questions from this particular section of paper.
English Language Comprehension
The DU LLB english syllabus is formulated to test the grammatical understanding and vocabulary of candidates. The section will have questions from sentence corrections, jumbled sentences, idioms, and phrases etc.
The important topics to be covered in this section are:
- Comprehension Passages
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Adjective and Determinants
- Active Passive Voice etc
The most important and most questions in this section will be from english comprehension.
This section checks a candidate’s ability to analyze patterns and arguments. It will include questions on syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc. Understand and analyze various conditions set in questions and deduce correct conclusions.
The important topics in this section are:
- Logical Puzzles
- Statement Conclusions Derivation of Conclusions
- blood relations
- Coding & decoding
- Cause & Effect Reasoning
- Statements Assumptions and Statement Argument
Understanding DU LLB exam pattern to prepare well
- Mode of Exam – Online
- Exam Duration – 2 hours
- Number of Questions – 100
- Type of Questions – Multiple Choice Type
- Marks Per Question – 4 marks
- Negative Marking – -1 mark
|English Language including comprehension||25*4|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||25*4|
|Legal Awareness & Aptitude||25*4|
Recommended Book for DU LLB 2019
|DU LLB 2019 Important Books||Buy Here|
|Wren and Martin – English Grammar And Composition, S Chand||Buy Now|
|Word Power Made Easy, Norman Lewis||Buy Now|
|Manorama Yearbook||Buy Now|
|Legal Aptitude for the Entrance Examination, Bhardwaj||Buy Now|
|General Knowledge 2019, Lucent||Buy Now|
|Logical Reasoning, Taxmann||Buy Now|
- Study Material & Books: Buy the books prescribed by the seniors or teachers/tutors from the market and collect the related study material of current affairs, general knowledge, general science, and reasoning.
- DU LLB Sample Papers: The best way to practice is to solve sample papers. One should practice attempting the maximum questions within the given time limit.
- Notes Preparation: Prepare notes as per the syllabus to review them later at near the examination time.
- Reading Current Affairs: Read the newspaper magazines and social articles and update yourself with current general knowledge in a political, social and cultural scenario.