The DU LLB exam is a University Level entrance examination, for students wishing to study law undergraduate courses at Delhi University law Centers. The DU LLB 2019 entrance will be organized by Faculty of Law, Delhi University. The tentative date for DU LLB 2019 exam is June 12, 2019. The Du LLb exam will be in online mode
DU LLB 2019 will offer approximately 2261 LLB seats at the DU campuses accepting the DU LLB 2019 scores. This article provides a brief synopsis of DU LLB 2019 important dates, exam pattern, qualifying percentile, merit list, and counseling & admission process.
DU LLB Exam 2019 At Glance
Here, we provide the candidate the brief synopsis of DU LLB 2019 exam and the paper pattern.
|1||Exam Name||DU LLB|
|3||Conducting Body||Faculty of Law, Delhi University|
|4||DU LLB is conducted for||Undergraduate Law Degree|
|5||Mode of Exam||Online|
|6||Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|7||Syllabus||General & Legal Aptitude etc|
|8||Type & No. of Questions||MCQ, 200|
|10||Marking Scheme||+4 for each correct response; -1 for an incorrect response|
Important Dates DU LLB Exam 2019
Candidates aspiring for studying law courses at Delhi University should be well aware of the DU LLB 2019 schedule. It will help candidate is preparing well beforehand.
|The release of the application form date||Second week of May 2019|
|Last date to apply for DU LLB 2019||Last week of May 2019|
|Admit Card DU LLB 2019 exam||Last week of May 2019|
|DU LLB Exam 2019||Second week of June 2019|
|Results||Fourth week of June 2019|
Eligibility Criteria DU LLB Exam 2019
The DU LLB exam eligibility condition is as follows:
- Nationality – All Indian Nationals, Foreign Nationals including NRI’s, OCI’s and POIs.
- Educational Qualification – The student should have a minimum aggregate of 50%, 45%, and 40% in qualifying exam for general, PWD/CW/OBC, and reserved category candidates resp.
DU LLB Application Form
The candidates willing to apply for DU LLB 2019 should know the procedure to fill the application form. Here is a brief synopsis for the same,
- Registration: It is mandatory to register yourself on the DU website by entering the personal details and creating a unique application.
- Filing up the application form: The candidate will have to log in for filling the personal(name, address, parents name, gender, date of birth, the category of the candidate etc), academic details(12 class marks, 10 class marks, last school attended, etc) and the category applied in exam with the Paper applying for in the application form.
- Payment of Application Fee: The final form submission requires a candidate to pay the application form fee i.e. 500 for general/OBC/CW and 250 for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- Payment Receipt: The candidate should take a print out of the receipt and keep carefully for future references.
DU LLB Exam Pattern
The official notice suggests the exam pattern will remain the same as the previous year for DU LLB 2019.
- The DU LLB exam 2019 will have questions from quantitative ability, logical reasoning, legal aptitude and English language & comprehensions for LLB programme.
- The total questions will be 200 and the total marks will be 400.
- Each question will carr +4 mark for a correct answer and -1 mark for an incorrect choice.
- The exam will be online and for two hours
DU LB Syllabus 2019
Syllabus for the UG program will cover questions from General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Legal Aptitude, English, Logical Reasoning.
General Knowledge & Current Affairs
This section will include questions from General Knowledge and Current Affairs. The questions from GK will test the static knowledge of candidates from the prominent aspects of the national and international level.
This section will test candidate ability and interest towards understanding & solving issues of legal nature. the type of question asked in this part is that the number of propositions will be given and the candidates will have to analyze the truthfulness of the proposition and assume the most suitable answer.
English and Comprehension
The English syllabus is formulated to test the grammatical understanding of candidates. The section will have questions from sentence corrections, jumbled sentences, idioms, and phrases etc. There will be a passage of approx. 300 – 400 words. The questions will be passage based.
The logical reasoning section checks a candidate’s ability to analyze patterns and arguments. It will include questions on syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc. Understand and analyze various conditions set in questions and deduce correct conclusions.
Mathematics Syllabus- in this section, candidates will be asked to answer questions based on class 10 Mathematics syllabus (elementary mathematics). It tests candidate’s accuracy with numbers and calculations.
DU LLB Results 2019
Faculty of Law will declare the DU LLB 2019 results in June 2019. The result will be available on the official website of DU which can be viewed and downloaded by the candidates on the DU websites.
Cut Off DU LLB 2019 Merit List
After the declaration of the result of DU LLB 2019, the DU will release the cutoff for the candidates to seek admission in the law programmes. The DU LLB cut off 2019 will be determined by the exam committee keeping in mind the result and merit list of the law entrance exam. DU LLB 2019 cut-off will depend on various factors including minimum marks, maximum marks, the total number of test takers and a number of vacant seats. Candidates will be allowed to participate in Counselling if they meet the cutoff of DU LLB 2019.
DU LLB Seats and Reservation 2019
DU LLB is conducted for offering admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes. The Faculty of Law follows government policy for reservation of DU LLB 2019 seats.
DU LLB Seat Allotment 2019
Candidates will be allotted seats in the participating DU colleges. This is an important part of the DU LLB 2019 Counselling. In this process, if a candidate accepts the seat allotted to him/her, then the candidate will be required to deposit the fee within the given date. The seat will be canceled if payment of fee is not done on time. There will be approx three lists of DU LLB 2019 Seat Allotment that will be published for the admission of the law aspirants.
DU LLB 2019 Counseling and Admissions
The DU LLB exam counseling will tentatively start from the third week of June 2019. The counseling for the DU LLB 2019 will have
- DU LLB counseling will be a three round process.
- There will be mock counseling where a candidate will be able to select the indicative seat. The benefit for mock counseling is that a candidate can edit and lock the seat in the first round.
- Counseling process will include choice locking and seat allotment process
- if candidates do not submit fees for the seat chosen, the seat will be automatically canceled.
- The counseling for the private and other participating institutes will be organized by the respective state counseling authorities.
After the counseling process, candidates must report to their allotted colleges within the specified time period. For the admission process, candidates must take original documents for verification and self-attested photocopies.
The seat allotment will happen on the basis of DU LLB exam rank, score, and preferences of the candidate during counseling