Faculty of Law, Delhi University the regulatory body for DU LLB 2019 entrance exam determines the eligibility criteria for the Delhi University LLB entrance test. DU LLB eligibility criteria for entrance exam 2019 will specify the age of a candidate, academic qualifications, nationality etc, requirements mandatory for fulfillment by all the aspirants. Candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria will be ineligible for the admissions in the DU colleges accepting DU LLB entrance exam scores.
The DU LLB form for registration will be available in June 2019. Aspirants seeking admission in the DU colleges at the undergraduate level must check the eligibility criteria before filling up the application form. Any candidate not compiling the eligibility at any stage of the admission will be disqualified from the admission process.
DU LLB 2019 Entrance Exam at Glance
Delhi University LLB entrance exam is a single unified entrance test for candidates aspiring to pursue an undergraduate and postgraduate law degree at Delhi University. It is important for the aspirants to be familiar with DU LLB exam pattern before filling the application form.
|1||Exam Name||Delhi University LLB Entrance Exam|
|3||Conducting Body||Faculty of Law, Delhi University|
|4||DU LLB is conducted for||Undergraduate Law Degree|
|5||Mode of Exam||Online|
|6||Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|7||Syllabus||English Comprehensions, Analytical Abilities, Legal Awareness & Aptitude, and General Knowledge|
|8||Type & No. of Questions||MCQ, 200|
|10||Marking Scheme||+4 for each correct response; -1 for each incorrect response|
DU LLB Eligibility 2019
The DU LLB entrance exam & admission eligibility will be announced by Delhi University tentatively in the second week of May 2019. Here let us take a look at the eligibility condition required for taking DU LLB entrance test.
Academic Qualification for DU LLB 2019 exam
Eligibility for LLB after graduation requires minimum aggregate percentage in the graduation/post graduation degree from a recognized university in India. The candidates fulfilling below mentioned eligible conditions will be able to give the exam:
- Candidate passed/appearing in last graduation semester.
- Candidates in their final semester of postgraduation year are eligible for DU LLB exam.
- The applicants should have the necessary aggregate marks in the qualifying exam:
- General Category Candidate – a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
- OBC Candidate- a minimum aggregate of 45% marks in the graduation or post graduation degree from a recognized university.
- For SC/ST Categories: A candidate should have minimum 40% aggregate in the qualifying exam.
Eligibility for DU LLB – Special Category Candidates:
- There is 5% relaxation on the total minimum qualifying marks for general candidates category( widows/ wards of defense personnel (CW) ).
- General candidates under PwD category will be given 5% relaxation on the total minimum required percentage in the qualifying exam.
Candidate should keep in mind that the Delhi University will not consider the round off marks. The student will be ineligible for the exam if enrolled in LLB course at Delhi University or any other university.
DU LLB Age Limit: There is no age limit for a candidate to appear in the DU LLB entrance exam.
DU LLB Category wise Minimum Qualifying Marks
|4||Other backward classes||45%|
|5||Persons with disability||45%|
|6||Children/ wives of Army Personnel (CW)||45%|
The University level entrance exam is for pursuing an undergraduate law course at DU (Law Center I, II, and III). The DU LLB Exam will be out of 800 the candidates scoring well will rank higher in the merit list.