DU LLB admission process and 2019 counseling will start from the second week of July 2019. The Faculty of Law, Delhi University will declare the DU LLB 2019 exam results on the DU website. The declaration of DU LLB results will lead to the DU LLB admission process and counseling. The counseling for all the candidates will solely depend on the marks of the candidate in DU LLB entrance exam. The DU LLB 2019 counseling process will comprise approximately five rounds. Mode of counseling will be offline.
The candidate qualifying DU LLB exam will have to participate in the counseling process. The qualified candidates will have to report to the allotted campus with the original documents for admission completion.
Important Points to Remember
- The student’s merit, category, and availability of seats in colleges determine seat allotment.
- After seat allotment candidates have to report to the respective college within the specified time period.
- The rank in the DU LLB entrance exam will determine the admission of a candidate.
- If the candidate fails to deposit the counseling fee within the specified time frame he/she will be dropped from the merit list and their admission will be disqualified.
DU LLB Admission Process & Counseling Schedule 2019
|Result Declaration||First week of July 2019|
|Start of DU LLB Counselling (First Allotment List)||July 2019|
|Document Verification & Approval of Admission (Round 1)||July 2019|
|Start of Admission Process||July 2019|
|Notification of 2nd Allotment List & Document verification||August 2019|
|Classes Commencement||Third week of August 2019|
Check the DU LLB Entrance Exam Schedule.
Criteria For Merit List DU LLB 2019
The eligibility criteria for the merit list for DU LLB 2019 depends on the guidelines made by the Faculty of Law, DU. The determinants for DU LLB 2019 Merit List are as follows:
- An applicant must attain minimum qualifying marks in DU LLB 2019 entrance exam.
- The candidate should score well to be in the merit list of DU LLB 2019 counseling.
- Procedure for seat allotment – merit cum preference basis.
DU LLB Admission & Counseling Procedure to Follow
The counseling of DU LLB 2019 will start tentatively in the month of July 2019. The rank wise counseling will take place in rounds. Given below are the few steps to follow in DU LLB admission process.
- The first step in DU LLB Counseling is reporting to the venue on the specified time. The call letter issued on merit basis will carry the DU LLB counseling venue and date/time.
- The candidate has to report at the venue with the specified documents.
- Candidates have to lock his/ her choice of the allotted seat.
- The indicative list for the vacant seats will be released after the first round.
- The candidate has to report to the allotted campus for admission completion.
- It is mandatory to deposit the admission fee at the allotted campus to confirm their admission.
- The student has to carry the documents required for the admission process.
DU LLB Seat Allotment
- The DU LLB admission and seat allotment will be completed after document verification.
- A total number of seats for LLB Program at Delhi University is 2611 which will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of merit list (if the eligibility criteria are met).
- If any shortlisted candidate fails to meet the eligibility conditions, he/she shall be canceled from admission and next candidate in merit will be allotted the seat.
- The DU has reserved 301 seats are for supernumerary categories comprising Foreign Nationals, War Widows, and Physically Handicapped.
Seat Reservation at DU LLB admission
- The SC/ST category candidates have 15% and 7.5% seats reserved.
- The Delhi University reserves 3% seats for PWD candidates.
- 5% of total available seats are reserved for Sports & Extra Curricular Activities
DU LLB Seats
Delhi University comprises three campuses offering admissions to the law aspirants. The LLB programme is a 3-year UG Program. Check the following participating institutions accepting DU LLB entrance marks:
|Participating Institute Name||No. of Seats|
|Campus Law Center I||871|
|Law Center II||1044|
|Law Center III||696|
Total Seats in DU LLB 2019
- The DU Faculty of Law will offer admission to approximately 2611 seats at DU for LLB UG program
- The mentioned seats actively participate in DU LLB counseling and there is some seat reservation for students applying under the category.
DU LLB Admission- Documents Requirement
It is mandatory to carry the DU LLB Application form and the original copy of the documents as given below-
- Character certificate from the Head of the College/School last attended.
- Matriculation certificate for the date of birth
- Provisional certificate of the last qualifying examination.
- Class 10 and 12 Mark sheets
- Graduation Certificate (for LL.M. candidates)
- Passport size recent photographs of the candidate
- Address Proof and details
- Aadhar Card for ID proof
- Different Certificates(if applicable)
- Income certificate/affidavit (if applicable)
The candidate will have to visit the allotted college with the original documents and seat allotment letter in the given time frame after counseling.