Delhi University attracts students from all over the country and abroad. Delhi University undoubtedly is the hub amalgamation of cultures in Delhi.
The University of Delhi has commenced with its admission process for both undergraduate and graduate courses. Admission in most of the colleges is secured on the basis of merit, however, in some of the courses admission is given on the basis of an entrance exam. Read our article on Procedure of getting admission in Delhi University to know about the admission process.
Delhi University has determined to go for a paperless admission process this year. Hence, from registration to submission of fees everything will be online.
Delhi University Admissions 2018: Things to keep in mind
Single Application Form
Students applying for admission in Delhi University need to fill a single application form. Please keep in mind that the admission process of this year will be entirely online. Aspirants may select more than one college while applying.
Candidates can make changes in the application form until the registration fees are paid. The last date for registration is 7th June’18. Registration for both merit and entrance based courses can be done through the same application.
Calculating Percentage of Best Four Subjects
One needs to be very careful while calculating the percentage of the best four subjects as it turns out to be a very tricky calculation.
There are two ways to calculate the percentage of best four subjects for commerce students-
- Any Language subject from Part 1 of list C1 + three best subjects of Part 2 of list C1.
- One language from Part 1 of C1+ any combination out of Part 2 of list C1, list C2 or any subject not listed either in C1 or C2
However, please note that 1% of the best four percentage is deducted if you include a subject from list C2. 2.5% is deducted if you add a subject which is neither in list C1 or C2.
- Arts and Humanities Courses
Best four percentage for arts/humanities subjects can be calculated by adding one language and three best elective subjects from List A. One must include the subject in which admission is sought failing which a deduction of 2.5% is imposed on the best four percentage.
- Original class 12 mark sheet.
- Original class 10 mark sheet.
- 10th passing certificate and provisional passing certificate for 12th.
- Around 10-12 coloured passport size photos.
- Character certificate from the last school attended.
- Language certificate.
- Transfer Certificate from last attended school.
- Category certificate for SC/ST/OBC/PwD candidates.
Application form fee
- For UG Merit based courses:
- General and OBC: Rs. 150/-
- SC/ST Category: Rs.75/-
- Sports AND ECA Category – Rs. 150 or 75 (depending on the category) + Rs. 100/-
- UG Entrance bases courses:
- General/OBC/CW/Others: Rs. 500/-
- ST/SC/PwD: Rs. 250
Entrance exams for admission in Delhi University are conducted in the following five cities:
Please note that no changes can be made in the exam centre once the fees is paid. Foreign students do not have to give entrance test.
Conditions for Rejection of Application
Application can be rejected on the basis of the following conditions-
- False information: Applications with false information and attestations will be rejected immediately and strong action will be taken against the person.
- Admission in two or more colleges: Taking admission in two different courses in the same college or different courses in two colleges will lead to cancellation of admission in both the colleges.
Tips to make the DU Admission Process smooth
- Make a list of all the colleges you want to get in. Now check the cutoffs of the last two to three years, this will give you a rough idea of the college that matches your percentage.
- Fill the form as soon as possible.
- Gear up for the exhaustion. Since you will have to commute a lot in the scorching heat, make sure you carry all the essential things like- water, scarf, umbrella, snacks, etc. along with you.
- Carry all the necessary documents along with you. Keep all your original certificates and their photocopies along with you.