If you haven’t scored well in class 12th to be eligible for the admission through merit list but still want to take admission in DU then apart from merit list and entrance exams, DU also provides ECA(Extracurricular activities) and sports quota for the admissions. The ECA quota is the best way to seek admission in DU. ECA marks are expected to provide relaxation up to 15%in the merit list. DU provides 36 sports disciplines and 12 ECA disciplines. Read the following article to know about DU admission under ECA.
ECA quota application procedure for Delhi University
- Open the official website of DU and fill the forms.
- Opt for the ECA category through which you want to qualify, upload the certificate as proofs of participation.
- The certificate through which you are applying must not be more than 3-4 years old. Your certificate will be only be considered if you have won or participated in international, national, state or zonal level
- But there is a perk for Indian classical dance and music, only if you have completed your diploma in the course, recent in 3-4 years.
- Every ECA category candidate has to pay Rs. 100 as additional charges and it is non-refundable.
DU ECA quota selection
- There will be two trials, preliminary and final level.
- The criteria of the weightage are, 25% is given to certificate and 75% is given to ECA trial.
- You will only be eligible for ECA seat if you have a valid certificate.
- All candidates can take preliminary level trial and those who clear the list will be uploaded on the website for the final trial.
- You have to secure at least 50% marks to qualify for ECA quota admission.
- Then merit list is prepared on the basis of final trial and percentage.
DU list of ECA
- Dance(Indian classical and folk/ Western classical/choreography).
- Music vocal (Indian classical and folk/ Western classical).
- Creative writing(English/Hindi).
- Fine arts(sketching and painting).
- Digital media.
Sports quota admission
- The process is similar to apply for sports as ECA, through the official website.
- And should upload your valid sports certificate.
DU sports quota
- The criteria of weightage are different from ECA, 40% is given to the certificates and 60% to the sports trial.
- There will be 2 rounds preliminary and final level, you have to secure at least 50% to be eligible for the admission.
- The admission will be done according to the requirement and position available on the college team.
After you are done with the trials and the final list is out the real travail begins. First, you have to find colleges that provide admission under your ECA category. According to university rule, only 3 days will be given to cover colleges that have both ECA category and course of your choice.
Admission procedure for ECA
- Common things every college requires- photocopies ( merit list of ECA trials, participation certificates, mark sheets of 10th and 12th and character certificate).
- You need to go to each and every college under your ECA category and course.
- The college will either provide you with the college’s personal registration form or you will be asked to write an application about the details of the trial and 3 preferred courses of your choice.
- After the application is been submitted the college will upload a cut off on their official site with your name and 1 out of 3 preferred courses(according to the availability of seats and your marks).
- If you wish to take admission in the same college, you have to fill in the admission form of the college and by the evening a link will be generated on the portal regarding the fees
- Submit the fee in order to secure your seat.