Every year, there are thousands of students across the country who strive to secure a seat in any of the best colleges of the coveted Delhi University. However, not all manage to get into their dream college and sometimes miss the cut off by as narrow as 0.25%. This can be a very frustrating experience. Hearts break and students lapse into a fit of despondency. Sometimes, in worse situations, they find it hard to adjust to the college ambience they get admission in. This adds insult to injury. Much as it all seems hopeless, there does exist a way to get into a college of your liking. If not at the time of admission, then perhaps a year later. All you have to is sit back, buy some patience and start burning the midnight oil to get an outstanding CGPA. The process of inter-college migration can be circuitous, winding and finicky but it’s worth it if you desperately want a release. Here is a guide to Delhi University Migration.
Delhi University Migration Process
Eligibility Criteria for Dwlhi University Migration
1. The student must belong to the undergraduate semester system in a regular DU college. Inter-college migration is not allowed at the post-graduate level.
2. Only students of B.A., B.Com, B.A. (Hons), B.Com (Hons), B.Sc. (Hons) can apply for inter-college migration.
3. The student, at the time of applying for migration, must be at the beginning of the third semester, i.e. the beginning of the second year.
4. The student must have a passing grade in both the first and second semester including main papers, concurrent courses, and qualifying subjects.
5. Some colleges also prescribe distance norms which need to be checked by the student in advance.
Terms and Conditions
1. Migration to a different college doesn’t allow one to change their course.
2. Inter-college migration depends on the availability of vacant seats and the consent of principals from both the colleges.
3. Such transfers are also subject to the approval of the Academic Council of the University on the individual merit of each case.
4. The percentage required for migration varies in different colleges, from course to course.
5. The seat is given on merit basis to the applicant, provided they have submitted their applications within the stipulated date and time as released by that particular college.
Documents Required for Delhi University Migration
1. Both original and self-attested copies are required to be submitted to the administration office or the teacher in charge of the respective department at the time of migration/admission in the college.
2. Migration Certificate, Hindi passing certificate and passport-sized photographs are also required as part of the transfer process.
3. A No-Objection Certificate from the principal/head of both the source and the target colleges. This certificate acts as a written permit that both the parties agree on the matter.
4. A college-leaving certificate from the principal/head of the college that the student is currently studying in. Add with this a character certificate.
5. Mark sheets of the examinations already passed by the student. This includes Class X, XII, first semester and second-semester results.
6. The original certificates must be collected back by the student after paying the required fees.
Procedure for Delhi Universwity Migration
1. Candidates seeking inter-college migration are required to submit an application forwarded by the principal of the source college and a copy of the statement of marks/result of passing first and second-semester examination to the administration office of the new college.
2. Applications of migration from one college to another shall be entertained by the principal of the college from which the migration is sought.
3. For collecting the no-objection certificate, contact the office of the principal of the concerned college that the student wants to migrate to. Keep note of the office timings.
4. The provisional list of candidates recommended for migration will be displayed on the college website, college notice board, and/or departmental notice board in due course of time. Note that the instructions regarding payment of admission fees are specified in the document.
5. The necessary changes in the enrollment entries shall be made by the Registrar in the University Registrar after obtaining the consent of both the principals in writing.
6. The actual dates for inter-college migration are issued by the University as per university rules. Usually, the last date for migration falls on August 31.
All the given information for Delhi University Migration is subject to changes on the basis of the notification from the University of Delhi. Also, once the process of migration is successfully completed, you cannot go back on your decision. The process is tedious and irreversible and you wouldn’t want to regret after so much running and preparing. So, think hard before you decide to jump from college to college.