The Common Entrance Exam for Design, popular by the acronym CEED, CEED 2019 is a national level joint entrance exam conducted once every year by the Indian Institute Of Technology(IIT) Bombay on behalf of the Ministry Of Human Resources Development(MHRD) in various centers across the country to admit students to the Master of Design(M.Des) programmes offered by IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIITDM Jabalpur, and IIT Kanpur and PhD programs offered at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIT Kanpur.
Important Dates for CEED 2019
|The application form will be made available online from||October second week 2018|
|Last date for submission of online application form||November second week 2018|
|The Admit Cards will be issued in||January first week 2019|
|CEED Exam||January third week 2019|
|Results will be declared by||March first week 2019|
The following conditions must be met with to be eligible for application to the various postgraduate and doctoral programs offered by the above-stated institutes:
- The candidate must have passed degree/diploma/post graduate degree programme. Students appearing for the final exams of such programs by July 2019 can also apply; OR
- The candidate must have passed the GD Arts diploma programme by July 2019.
- There is no prescribed age limit and the exam can be attempted any number of times.
Apart from the above, there may be specific conditions defined by individual institutes and it is advisable to refer to the respective institute websites for the same. Candidates having GATE 2019 scorecard can also apply.
- Digital copy of the candidate’s recent photograph and signature in JPG format.
- Digital copy of the candidate’s degree/diploma certificate or a copy of the candidate’s final year mark list /provisional certificate if the candidate has no degree certificate or a certificate from the Principal of the college/Head of the Department if the course is not completed in pdf format.
- Digital copy of the candidate’s category certificate ( for SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PWD candidates) issued by the concerned authorities in pdf format.
- A letter requesting extra time allotted for PWD candidates if applicable in pdf format.
- Scanned copy of the candidate’s gazette notification, a marriage certificate, or pages of passport if there is any change in name in the degree/diploma certificate in pdf format.
How to Apply
The online application form is made available on the official website from 30 June 2018. Visit the website and click ‘Register’. Fill in the login details including your valid email ID and click ‘Submit’. A verification email will be sent to the registered email ID. Login using your login credentials. Fill in the application form by giving your personal details, contact information, and educational qualifications. Ensure that you have entered the right details and submit the filled form. Then, upload the requested documents in the prescribed format. In the next stage, pay the application fees online using Credit card /Debit card /Net Banking the details of which are given in the following table:
You can then take a print-out of the form for future reference.
The Admit Cards will be made available on the official website as mentioned. Download and take a color print-out of the admit card. It has to be brought to the examination center.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus for CEED 2019
CEED 2019 is a computer-based test spanning 3 hours with a maximum score of 200 marks. The question paper has the following two sections:
- Part A: This section has a maximum score of 100 marks with the maximum allotted time being 1 hour. Answers to this section have to be entered to the computer. The detailed pattern of this section is given in the following table:
|Sections||Total Number of Questions||Type of Questions||Maximum marks for the sub-section||Penalty for the wrong answer|
|I||2||Numerical Answer Type(NATs)||12||0.6|
|II||6||Numerical Answer Type(NATs)||18||Nil|
|III||2||Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs)||8||Nil|
|IV||6||Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs)||12||Nil|
|V||25||Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs)||50||0.6|
- Part B: This section has a maximum score of 100 marks with a maximum allotted time of 2 hours. Answers to this section have to be written on the allotted pages. This section has a total of 8 questions where the candidate has to attend anyone from the first five. The remaining three has to be attended for compulsory. Hence, the candidate has to attend 4 questions in total.
Results of CEED 2019 will be declared and the scorecard of the same will be generated by the first week of March 2019. The score is valid for 1 year. No centralized counselling session will be conducted by the examining authority. Apply to the prospective institutes for initiating further admission procedures.
For further information and updated notifications visit –
EED serves as a means to assess your aptitude for design and to nurture the same to tailor you into future maven in this creative discipline. Good luck with your attempts!GATE 2019