CLAT Application Form for the year 2019 will be available for candidates from(tentatively) the first week of January 2019 on the CLAT website. The CLAT 2019 last date for registration and form filling will be the last week of March 2019. Candidates must try to register and fill the CLAT application form prior to the last date.
CLAT Entrance Exam 2019 will be conducted offline. Candidates successfully submitting the CLAT application form 2019 will be eligible to take the entrance test.
CLAT(Common Law Admission Test) is a National level entrance test for LL.B and LL.M courses for various government and private law institutes across India.
Candidates can check here details for CLAT Application Form 2019 including fees, dates, eligibility criteria and how to apply for CLAT form online.
CLAT Application Form 2019 – Important Dates
The candidates aspiring to study law courses at various government and private institutes across India should take a look at the important dates for CLAT admissions. The table below present the same,
|Online Registration Starts||
First week of January 2019
Registration Ends/ Last Date for Online payment of Application Fee
|The Fourth week of March 2019|
last date to print & download application form
Second week of May 2019
|Release of admit cards||
April last week to first week of May 2019
Second week of May 2019
CLAT 2019 Eligibility criteria
Aspirants require to fulfill the eligibility criteria for appearing for CLAT Entrance exam. The application forms not fulfilling the eligibility conditions will be disqualified.
- Academic Qualification-Candidates appearing/passed 12/ equivalent exam from recognized board.
- Candidates should have a minimum aggregate of 45%(general) marks in class 12.
- SC/ST candidates should have aggregate 40% marks in 10+2 class.
- For LL.M candidate is required to have a minimum of 55%(general) and 50%(SC/ST) marks in LL.B 5-year degree or LL.B Hons programmes.
- Appearing in final LL.B is eligible for the postgraduate entrance test.
CLAT Application Form Documents Requirement 2019
Candidates must keep the following documents ready to register themselves for the exam:
- Class 10 and 12 certificates for valid details.
- Applicants scanned photograph and signature.
- Disability Certificate
- Caste certificate(if applicable)
- Special Category Certificate of Bihar, Dependent of Freedom Fighter of Bihar, and Kashmiri migrant (if applicable)
- NRI/NRI sponsored candidate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate under State Quota (if applicable)
How to apply for CLAT Online Application Form 2019?
Candidates must carefully go through the steps given for avoiding any errors while filling up the application form.
- The candidate has to visit the CLAT admissions website and click on the new registration link.
- In, the next stage the candidate has to fill the details( name, date of birth, valid email Id and contact number) in the registration form.
- Clicking on the register button will successfully register the candidate for CLAT 2019 entrance exam.
Filling up the CLAT 2019 Application Form
- The candidate will have to log in to the CLAT exam portal using the Candidates ID and password generated and sent on the registered email or mobile number after the registration process.
- The login details like user ID and password will be provided in the email and SMS. The Candidates will have to fill out the application form by providing details asked in the CLAT online application form. The details required in the CLAT application form include personal details, academic details, and qualifying examination details.
- Program Applied: Undergraduate (LL.B) or Postgraduate (LL.M).
- All India Category Applied: There will be four category options to choose from (General/ Unreserved) category will be chosen automatically for all the NLUs if a candidate does not check the relevant box.
- Other details should be filled and saved correctly in the form.
Uploading of Documents
The candidates have to upload scanned copies of the documents in accordance with the specifications given.
CLAT Application Fee 2019
Candidates can pay the application fee through credit card/debit card/internet banking, and bank challan. The application fee for General, OBC, SAP, and other category candidates will be Rs. 4000 and Rs. 3500 for SC/ST candidates. For availing question paper INR 500 will be charged.
The candidate has to pay the CLAT 2019 application form fee for final submission of the online form. Successfully filling, submitting and paying the CLAT Application form fee the candidate have to print out the acknowledgment receipt.
Key points for CLAT 2019 Application Form
- Valid ID is mandatory for filling up the Application Form.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- Candidate must save Bank Statement/ Net Banking Transaction Receipt/ E-wallet/bank challan receipt having a Registration number for future references.
CLAT Counseling Process
Candidates wishing to apply for admission in different law colleges, have to qualify CLAT exam. The candidate’s performance in CLAT will decide the counseling and admissions.
On the basis of the CLAT score, a merit list will be released. The admissions and counseling will be offered to the shortlisted candidates in accordance with their final position in the merit list. The result will display on the website of CLAT.
Documents required for admission process:
- Admit Card and Scorecard
- Original mark sheet of class 12.
- Documents in favor of information mentioned in the application form.
Here at TopprNotes, we will be updating all the relevant information as soon as it is available on the website.