CLAT counseling 2019 will start from the second week of June 2019. The NLUO (National Law University Odisha, Cuttack will 2019 exam results on the CLAT website. The declaration of CLAT results will be followed by the Centralised Counseling process for seat allotment cum admissions. The counseling will be organized by the CLAT office for UG and PG admissions in CLAT participating institutions in India. The counseling for all the candidates will solely depend on the rank of the candidate. The CLAT 2019 counseling process will comprise of the three rounds. Mode of counseling will be online.
The candidate satisfying the minimum qualifying marks requirement will be eligible for the counseling process. The counseling for CLAT will comprise different stages, like registration, fee payment, choice filling, and document verification after seat allotment.
Important Points to Remember
- The student’s merit, category, and availability of seats in colleges determine seat allotment.
- Candidates who wish to resign from the allotted seat after the CLAT 2019 counseling will be able to do so after the third round of counseling.
- The seat withdrawal will result in a deduction of Rs. 10,000 from the counseling fee of (50,000).
- After seat allotment candidates have to report to the respective college within the specified time period.
- The candidate who fails to deposit the counseling fee within the specified time frame will be dropped from the merit list and their admission will be disqualified.
CLAT Counseling Schedule 2019
|S.No||Counseling Event||Dates (tentative)|
|1||Declaration of Results/Merit List||Fourth week of May 2019|
|2||Release of the first allotment list||Second week of June 2019|
|3||Time Period for payment of counseling fee (INR 50,000)||June 10-14|
|4||Publication of the second allotment list after counseling fee payment||Third week of June 2019|
|5||The date for payment of counseling fee (for the candidate appearing for the first time in second provisional allotment list)||June 17 – 19, 2019|
|6||Last date of withdrawal from the Allotted seat||End of third week of June 2019|
|7||Publication of the third and final allotment list||Fourth week of June 2019|
|8||Payment of full fees||Last week of June|
|9||The dates for completing formalities at allotted NLU||June 28 – 30, 2019|
|10||Date for receiving the admissions status from the participating NLU||First week of July|
|11||End of admission process by the CLAT 2019 Office||First week of July 2019|
Chech the detailed schedule of CLAT 2019 Exam here.
Criteria For Merit List CLAT 2019
The eligibility criteria for the merit list for CLAT 2019 depends on the guidelines made by the CLAT authorities. The determinants for CLAT 2019 Merit List are as follows:
- An applicant must attain minimum qualifying marks in CLAT 2019 entrance exam.
- The candidate should score well to be in the merit list of CLAT 2019 counseling.
- Procedure for seat allotment – merit cum preference basis.
CLAT Counseling Procedure to Follow
The counseling of CLAT 2019 will start tentatively in the month of June 2019. The rank wise counseling will take place in three rounds. Given below are the few steps to follow in CLAT counseling in 2019.
- The first step in CLAT Counseling is reporting to the venue on the specified time. The venue and time for CLAT counseling will be mention in the merit issued to the candidate on result declaration notification.
- The candidate has to report at the venue with the specified documents.
- Next step is to deposit the counseling fee of INR 50,000.
- After payment of the fee, candidates have to exercise any one of the options given:
- Lock – Candidates choosing ‘Lock’ option confirms his/ her choice of the allotted NLU seat. These candidates will not be considered for further shifting to any other NLUs of his/ her higher choice in case of any vacancy arising thereafter at the subsequent stage during the counseling process.
- Upward Shifting – Candidates who choose ‘Shifting’ option will be considered against any vacancy arising in NLUs of his/ her higher choice via subsequent allotment list. There shall be upward shifting in order of candidates’ preferences given in the application form. There shall be no downward shifting at any stage of the counseling procedure by CLAT 2019.
- Withdrawal – there is an option to withdraw the fee in two ways.
- Option 1 – Failing to deposit the required fee amount.
- Option 2 – Choosing the option of withdrawal before the final seat allotment list i.e. during the third round of CLAT Counseling.
- Similarly, the second and third indicative list will be released for the same counseling procedure for the vacant seats after each round. The candidate withdrawing the admission within the given time frame will be refunded the fee amount after deducting INR 10,000
The Seat Allotment:
The CLAT admission authorities will be announcing the candidates’ name who reserved their seat by paying the counseling fee.
- In the CLAT 2019 application form, the candidates will have to choose from the list of colleges given(on screen)
- The student can choose the colleges they want in a particular order of preference.
- A merit list and preference list, the first seat allotment list of CLAT 2019 based on the candidate’s preference and merit will be announced by the counseling committee.
Admission Related Formalities
The admission related formalities post-counseling procedure are as follows:
- After the counseling procedure, candidates need to report at the respective NLU allotted.
- The candidate has to submit the balance fee at the NLU.
- A candidate has to submit the original certificates at respective NLU.
- Different NLU’s will follow their own procedure to fill the vacant seats (in case of non-report by any candidate within the stipulated time).
Total Seats CLAT 2019
- The common law admission test will offer admission to approximately 2299 seats for UG program and 604 seats for PG program.
- The mentioned seats are of NLU’s, the other participating private institutes have may more seats to offer for admissions through CLAT 2019 score.
CLAT Counseling Documents Requirement
It is mandatory to carry the CLAT Admit Card and the original copy of the documents as given below-
- CLAT 2019 Admit Card
- Application Form CLAT
- CLAT Score Card
- Class 10 pass certificate/mark sheet
- Class 12 pass certificate/mark sheet
- Valid ID proof (Aadhar/E-Adhaar/PAN Card/ Voter ID/ Driving License/Passport)
- Passport size photographs
- Call Letter issued by CLAT authority
- Certificates(required and applicable)
The candidate will have to visit the allotted college with the original documents and seat allotment letter in the given time frame. The CLAT participating NLU’s and college list can be checked from here.