CEED Exam is conducted annually in the online mode for admissions into Masters programme in the field of design.
CEED 2019 will comprise two parts- A and B. One hour will be given to attempt part A and two hours will be given for completing part B. The Part A of CEED 2019 will be an online screening test, and the shortlisted candidates after this will be eligible to appear for Part B.
Performance of the candidates in Part B will only be considered for the preparation of the merit list.
Here are all the details regarding the CEED Examination.
CEED Eligibility Criteria
- Passing a degree/diploma/postgraduate degree programme of four years or 3+2 years (after 10+2 level) is mandatory for the candidates.
- Candidates in the final year can also apply.
- Candidates, who have passed the GD Arts diploma programme (10+5 level) by July 2018, can also apply.
- As per IIT Bombay, there is no minimum age for the candidates to apply.
CEED Admit Card
Here is the process to download the Admit Card. CEED Admit Card will be released on 1 January 2019 in the online mode only by IIT Bombay. Information regarding the Exam Centre, time, roll number along with some personal information of the candidate will be mentioned in the CEED Admit Card.
- Visit the link for the Admit Card which will be active once the Admit Card is released.
- Enter the registered E-mail ID and Password
- Click on the login button after entering the required credentials
- The CEED Admit Card will be displayed on the screen
- After downloading the CEED Admit Card candidates should go through the admit card thoroughly to check for any mistakes. If there are any mistakes then the candidates must inform the authorities immediately and get the mistakes rectified.
- After checking the CEED Admit Card, take a print out of the Admit Card.
It is advised that candidates take a couple of copies of the print out for future purposes. The Admit Card is a crucial document and will be required in each aspect of the admission process. Without the Admit Card, the candidature might get terminated.
CEED Exam Pattern
Highlights of CEED Exam Pattern
- The Exam duration is 3 Hours or 180 minutes.
- Part A of the exam will be of 1 hour in duration
- Part B of the exam will be of 2 hours in duration
- CEED will be conducted in only English language
- Part A will be held in online mode for evaluating the candidates for part B.
- Whereas, in part B they will be required to attempt the paper on the answer sheet provided to them.
- Part A of CEED will consist of objective type questions (MCQ, MSQ and NAT).
- Part B will test the candidates Designing and sketching capabilities.
- Only Part B of the CEED Exam will be considered for making the merit list.
- Whereas, Part B will be evaluated of only those candidates whose Part A has been shortlisted.
- Negative marking is only applicable for Part A of the CEED.
|1.||Language and Creativity||Candidates ability to understand the passages in commonly used English Language will be tested.|
|2.||Environmental and Social Awareness||The general awareness topics including pollution, weather, natural resources, climate, population, water, vegetation, etc. and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment should be strengthened. Aspiring candidates should also be aware of the different design terminologies, social and cultural connection with the design, history of design, art, sculpture and literature, etc. are part of this section.|
|3.||Design Thinking and Problem Solving||The candidates’ ability to understand the context, users and constraints, as well as the selection of the most relevant solution for a given design problem, will be evaluated.|
|4.||Visualization and Spatial Ability||Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test the understanding of transformation and manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships have been given in this section.|
|5.||Analytical and Logical Reasoning||Logical analysis of a given information and selection of the most relevant solutions is included in this section. Candidates should be able to weigh the opinions and arguments against the appropriate criteria. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most correct response to a question in the analytical and logical reasoning section.|
|6.||Observation and Design Sensitivity||In this section of CEED, the candidates should be able to detect concealed properties in daily life and think critically about them. They should have the skills to perceive subtle differences in visual properties and their aesthetic outcomes.|
CEED Syllabus – Part B
|1.||Communication Skills||This section will test the ability to communicate ideas and concepts using visuals and texts.|
|2.||Creativity||This section is to evaluate the candidates’ ability to think out of the box and come up with innovative as well as diverse solutions.|
|3.||Analytical and Problem Solving Skills||Candidates’ skills of understanding the user and context, knowledge of different materials and their use in design, original solutions and more.|
|4.||Drawing||Candidates should be good in drawing products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective and shading.|
CEED Question Paper
Just click on these question papers to download them.
Why is it important to solve CEED previous year question paper?
It is important for the candidates to solve CEED question paper so as to get a better understanding of the nature of the question paper. All the toppers who have scored a top-notch percentile practised the CMAT Previous year papers.
- Candidates can understand the exam pattern.
- Candidates can get a good understanding of the syllabus
- Practising the CEED previous year question paper will improve your speed in solving the questions
- Solving CEED question paper will boost your confidence.
So, these were all the details regarding the CEED Entrance Examination. Candidates must note that the Admit Card, the result would be declared in the online mode only.