The CAT result will be announced in the second week of January 2019 in the online mode only. CAT results 2018 would be declared in the scorecard form for the ease of candidates which would mention marks and percentiles of the respective sections along with the candidate’s amalgamation of overall scaled scores in each of the sections. Candidates note that the CAT exam results or scorecard is valid only for one year
CAT Result Dates
November 25, 2018 (Sunday)
CAT 2018 Answer Key
The first week of December 2018
CAT 2018 result Date
The second week of January 2019
IIM shortlisted candidates
Fourth week of January 2019
Steps to download the CAT Result
- Candidates must visit the official CAT website
- Login to the website using your credentials – CAT user ID and password.
- Click on the icon ‘Score Card’
- Download the CAT result
- It is advised that candidates take a print out of their scorecard and retain it till the admission process is complete.
The candidates also have the option of receiving the CAT result through an SMS. However, the result received on the SMS service would not be detailed and contain just the overall percentile.
Details Printed on CAT 2018 Result cum Scorecard
The following information will be mentioned on the CAT scorecard:
- Registration number/User Id
- Name, category and gender of the candidate
- Date of birth of the candidate
- Date and time of the CAT examination
- Contact details and Email Id of the candidate
- Scaled Score of Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension section
- Percentile of Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension section
- Scaled Score of Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning section
- Percentile of Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning section
- Scaled Score of Quantitative Ability section
- Percentile of Section of Quantitative Ability section
- Overall Scaled Score of the Candidate.
- Overall Percentile of the Candidate.
- Instructions related to post CAT activities.
Expected CAT Cut off for Other participating colleges
There are more than 120 institutes participating in the CAT exam 2018, out of which 20 are IIMs only. So, here is the list of expected Cut offs for some of the CAT participating institutes. Please note that IIMs have no authority over the cutoffs for these institutes. Also, registering for the CAT or IIMs does not register you for these colleges. Candidates have to register themselves in each of the colleges separately.
|B-School||Expected CAT Cut off|
|Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi (FMS, DU)||98.20 Percentile|
|DMS, IIT Delhi||98+ Percentile|
|SJMSOM, IIT Bombay||99+ Percentile|
|Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras||95+ Percentile|
|Management Development Institute (MDI) Gurgaon||95+ Percentile|
|SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR) Mumbai||85+ Percentile|
|Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar (XIMB)||90+ Percentile|
|Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad||90+ Percentile|
|National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE) Mumbai||95+ Percentile|
|T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal||85+ Percentile|
|Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) Chennai||90+ Percentile|
These were the details regarding the CAT exam 2018. Candidates note that the result is only valid for one year, which means that you can apply to CAT accepting institutions in the window of a year.