Every year Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani- also known as BITS Pilani conducts an all India entrance exam- BITSAT exam for the admission into BITS, Pilani and its two prominent branches specifically KK Birla Goa Campus and Hyderabad Campus. Being one of the premier technical and science university in India and looking at the recent and past year rankings & success ratio the hype of BITSAT has increased to a greater level.It is said that the BITSAT competition is increasing year by year as the aspirants to the number of seat ratio is by far more as compared to the past years. Knowledge of BITSAT exam pattern is important for the preparation of the entrance exam.
Eligibility for BITSAT EXAM 2019
(For Integrated B.Tech/B.E programmes)
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 exam from a recognized central or state board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology subject.
- Candidate should have a minimum aggregate of 75% marks in PCM stream with a minimum of 60% each in PCM.
- Candidate studying in BITS campuses are not eligible for BITSAT.
- Direct admission is granted to all the state board or central board toppers of 2019 in the choice of their degree programme.
Admission to B.Pharma: Candidates should have passed the 12 class examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Mathematics and have adequate proficiency in English.
Note: Students appearing for 12 class examination in the year 2019/ have passed in 2018 are eligible to appear for BITSAT-2019. The admissions will be made on merit, and merit position is based on the score obtained in BITSAT 2019. The eligibility for admissions is subject to fulfilling the requirements of minimum marks in 12 examinations.
BITSAT Exam Pattern
BITSAT is no less than IIT-JEE, the pattern for the exam may not be totally similar but it is at par with IIT-JEE.
Examination Fee BITSAT 2019
Boys: Rs. 2950; Girls: Rs. 2450 (India)
Boys: Rs. 4500; Girls: Rs 4500 (Dubai)
Overview for BITSAT Exam Pattern
- The paper is in MCQ pattern(computer-based test).
- The question paper is in English Language only.
- Duration of paper is 3 hours.
- Paper is taken in two slots – 9 am to 12 noon and 2 pm to 5 pm.
Questions and Marking Scheme
- It will have a total of 150 questions.
- 40 each for physics and chemistry.
- 45 for mathematics
- 15 for English
- and 10 for logical reasoning.
Thus making it 150 (40+40+45+15+10).
The questions are of objective nature (MCQ) and each question carries equal weight of marks.
BITSAT Exam Pattern 2019
As per the BITSAT Exam Pattern, BITSAT comprises of four sections as follows:
|Sections||Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|IV||1. English Language||15||45|
There is +3 for every correct and -1 for every incorrect answer marked.
Yes, you heard it right!!
BITSAT Exam do have negative marking scheme.
If you are 100% sure about your preparation then, BITSAT provide such aspirants with 12 bonus questions as well.
Bonus Scores in BITSAT Exam Pattern
- There are 12 questions apart from the 150 questions mentioned above
- To attempt these bonus questions, one has to attempt all 150 questions.
- Candidate score +3 for every correct and -1 for an incorrect choice made.
- These 12 questions have 4 questions from all the main subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Cutoff Marks BITSAT Exam
The cutoff is the minimum score set by admission authority for granting admission in a particular degree programme. The table given below, list the cutoff marks of BITSAT 2018 all iteration cutoff. The cutoff varies year by year.
|The iteration year 2018||1-.Round||2-Round.||3- Round||4- Round||5- Round||6- Round|
|Cutoff after each round||271||264||264||263||253||250|
|The cutoff for the waiting list at the end of each round.||240||240||240||240||240||240|
Syllabus BITSAT 2019
BITSAT exam 2019 syllabus comprises of the main subjects one study at the higher secondary school that is 11th and 12th standards of all Central and State boards.
Chemistry: Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, States Of Matter,Thermodynamics, Physical and Chemical Equilibria, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, Hydrogen and s-block elements, P, d and f block elements, Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons, Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen, StereochemistryBiological, Industrial and Environmental Chemistry, Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry.
Physics: Units & Measurement, Current Electricity, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Impulse, and Momentum, Work and Energy, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Oscillations, Waves, Heat and Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Kinematics, Electromagnetic Induction, Magnetic Effect of current, optics, Modern Physics, Electronic Devices.
Mathematics: Algebra, Differential calculus, Integral calculus, Ordinary Differential Equations, Probability, Statistics, Linear Programming, Mathematical Modelling, Trigonometry, Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Three-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Vectors.
English Language: Reading comprehensions, Verbs, Vocabulary, Tenses, Prepositions, Sentence formation, Sentence correction.
Logical Reasoning: Verbal Reasoning: Analogy, Classification, Figure Formation, and Analysis Logical Deduction – Reading Passage, Chart Logic Non-verbal Reasoning: Pattern Perception, Series Completion, Paper Cutting, Figure Matrix, Rule Detection etc.
Admission Procedure after BITSAT exam
BITSAT 2019 result is declared in the form of the total number of correct, total number of incorrect answers, with the total score obtained in the entrance test BITSAT 2019.
- After BITSAT will release the entrance 2019 score, the online application form for admission starts around the first week of May 2019.
- Then-candidate have to submit their 12 class mark sheet and their preference of the three BITS campus with the chosen branch of study.
- Taking into account candidates BITSAT scores the availability of seats and the branch preference one is either allotted a seat or kept on the waiting list.
Candidate has to reserve the seat in the first cutoff if admission granted, by paying the first-semester fee.
The candidate who aspires to be the innovator and want overall development should start preparing for BITSAT 2019 ASAP. The exam is tough but not the impossible for any candidate. Work hard, make the most of now and all the very best.