BITSAT Eligibility Criteria, every year Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani- popularly known as BITS Pilani conducts an all India entrance exam- BITSAT for undergraduate degree programmes admission. The institutes requiring BITSAT scores for admissions are BITS, Pilani, KK Birla Goa, and Hyderabad Campus. The third International branch of BITS, Dubai have different criteria for admissions.
Being one of the premier technical and science university in India and looking at the recent and past year rankings & success ratio the hype of BITSAT has increased to a greater level. Performance, success ratio, placements, and researches make BITS favorable choice for higher studies.
Eligibility for Admission in BITS – BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2019
(For Integrated B.Tech/B.E programmes)
Students appearing for 12 class examination in the year 2019 or have passed in 2018 only are eligible to appear for BITSAT 2019. University offers admission on merit basis. Merit position is based on the score obtained in BITSAT 2019.
Note: The eligibility for admissions is subject to fulfilling the requirements of minimum marks in 12 examinations.
Basic Criteria for BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2019
- There is no prescribed age for BITSAT 2019.
- The candidate appearing for 10+2 in 2019 would be eligible
- Candidates enrolled in BITS are not eligible for BITSAT 2019.
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 exam from a recognized central or state board or its equivalent.
- Candidates should have passed the 10+2 with three main subjects namely, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology.
Qualifying Exam Marks Requirement:
- Candidate should have obtained a minimum aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- He/She should have minimum 60% each in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology.
- An aspirant should have proficiency in the English language.
- Student studying in BITS campuses are not eligible for BITSAT 2019.
Number of attempts – BITSAT Eligibility 2019
Candidate appearing for 12th class exams in 2019 or passed the 12th class examination in 2018 are eligible to appear in BITSAT 2019. If a student has taken more than one attempt in 12th class, then only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed.
However, Students are allowed to appear twice i.e if they are studying in class 12th or they have given last year. If candidates studying in BITSAT are not allowed to give BITSAT 2019.
Admission to B.Pharma
- Candidates should have passed the 12 class examination from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology /Mathematics
- Should have adequate proficiency in English.
- Candidate appearing for BITSAT 2019 with the main subject as Biology will only get admission in B. Pharma course.
BITSAT Eligibility criteria for admission under direct admissions to board toppers:
- The topper should have taken 12 class examination 2019 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology subjects.
- The topper will be the candidate securing highest aggregate marks in 12 class examination 2019.
- The 2018 topper is eligible for admission in BITS.
- The directly admitted candidates are eligible for their choice of degree programmes.
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria – Dubai Campus
The candidate wishing for admission to a particular programme available in BITS, Dubai campus has to meet the eligibility criteria for that particular programme as given below:
For admission to any of the undergraduate programmes
- Candidates must have passed the required examination, which is the General Secondary Education Certificate Examination of Ministry of Education, UAE or all the central and state examinations of 10+2 level in India/or its equivalent from any recognized State, the National or International board with Physics, Chemistry, and Maths. It is recommended to go through the official website and look for the recognizability of your school/college.
Minimum Marks Requirement
The candidates must have obtained a minimum 60% aggregate of marks in the 10+2 exam.
Minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics subjects with at least 50% marks in each subject is necessary.
For admission to B.E. Biotechnology, candidates with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology will be accepted with a minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry & Biology subjects, with at least 50% marks in each subject.
Candidate meeting aggregate criteria(securing less than 50% marks in any of the three subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology) will be accepted for provisional admission.
The equivalent marks are decided by the official admission council for GPA & CGPA grading system.
English Language Requirement:
Good proficiency in English is essential for admission.
Candidates who have completed the qualifying/10+2 examination from Non-English medium school/college. It is necessary for candidates to secure minimum TOEFL Score of 500 in paper-based test or 61 in internet based test or an IELTS Score of 5 or above.