Apply for the Bihar Scholarship program. Candidates belonging to OBC, ST, and ST category can apply for the Bihar Pre and Post Matric Scholarship. Bihar Scholarship Form will be releasing in the month of February 2019. The renewal and the candidates applying fresh both can check the forms on the official portal in the month of February. The last date to apply will be in March 2019.
The objective of the Bihar Government is to provide financial assistance to the deserving candidates, students belonging to the minority communities and assist them financially for pursuing higher studies. The 30% of the scholarship will be given to the girl students. Selection of the contenders for the Bihar Scholarship scheme will be made on the basis of academic record. The pre and post matric scholarship eligibility requirements are different. It is advisable to visit the official website for a better understanding of the Scholarship Bihar Schemes.
The scholarship will be granted to the students willing to study for higher education in any government, recognized private College/Institution/University. in this article we bring you all the details of Bihar Scholarship Schemes and Programmes.
Bihar Post Matric Scholarship Procedure
Students belonging to the BPL families, having the lowest annual income can be awarded the scholarship. The renewal scholarship would be fully exhausted before applying for the new one.
- Must be domicile of Bihar State
- Must be studying in the Post Matric Class
- Should belong to SC/ST/OBC/EBC category
- The family income should be less than 2.5 lakhs for SC/ST and 1 lakh for EBC/OBC category candidates.
- The students coming under the BPL scheme are eligible for the scholarship
- Should be studying in the recognized college or university.
Bihar Pre Matric Scholarship Procedure
The scholarship is basically for the deserving candidates of the minority and financially backward class of students. The scholarship will be renewed only after the student will present the last year result with the minimum 50% marks in the examination passed.
Eligibility Criteria Bihar Scholarship
- You should possess Higher Secondary Certificate/ Graduation Degree with not less than 50% marks.
- Scholarships are available for the candidates who will further continue the studies in India.
- Candidates applying for the scholarship, the annual income of the parents/guardian should not exceed 2.50 lacs from all the sources.
- The Student should be the domicile of Bihar state.
Amount Offered to the Candidates for the Particular Courses
|Intermediate (I.A/I.S/I.COM/equal courses)||Rs 2000/-|
|Graduate Courses||Rs 5000/-|
|Post Graduate Courses||Rs 5000/-|
|I.TI. Courses||Rs 5000/-|
|Three Year Diploma||Rs 10000/-|
|Engineering/ Medical/Management Courses||Rs 15000/-|
How to Apply for the Bihar Scholarship Application Form?
- Go to the official website of Bihar Welfare Department for Bihar Scholarship Form.
- Go to the Homepage of the Bihar Scholarship Form.
- Click on the new registration link( new user).
- For renewal, the candidate will have to apply for a renewal application.
- Application Form will appear.
- Fill the Application Form in a correct manner.
- Upload all the document carefully.
- Click on Submit.
Documents Required For Scholarship Application
- Last qualifying exam mark sheet and pass certificate
- The other examination certificates
- Domicile Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- BPL Card(if applicable)
- Adhaar Card
- Passport Size Photographs
- Income Certificate
- Course Fee Details
- Bank Passbook photocopy
Candidates can check the Status of the Scholarship from the official website of the Bihar Welfare Department. It is advisable to fill the application form prior to the last date. The Bihar Government will grant the scholarship to meritorious and deserving candidates of the reserved categories.