Banking Awareness is one of the important sections in SBI PO exam. A lot of students are often confused about what they should study in this section. In the following post, we are going to look at banking awareness preparation. We are going to look at the important topics that you should study to score maximum marks from this section.
Why Should You Study Banking Awareness?
If you look at the SBI PO Exam Pattern, you would find that banking awareness is included in SBI Mains. It is included together with the General Awareness Section. In the exam, you would get 40 questions from this section and you have to answer them in 40 minutes. Now, the questions would cover both the topics and there are no definite number set for banking awareness section. In the past years, about 30% to 50% questions come from the banking exam.
What is Included in the Banking Awareness Syllabus?
When you are looking for banking awareness preparation, it is important that you know about the syllabus. To know about SBI PO Mains Syllabus, click on the link below:
Banking Awareness Preparation for SBI PO: Important Sections
Banking Awareness Preparation can be divided into the following sections:
- Banking Theory
- Banking Awareness
Banking Awareness Preparation: Topics for Banking Awareness
- History of Banking in India: Which was the first bank to be setup in Madras province etc. Nationalisation of Banks.
- Organizations: RBI; NABARD; Planning Commission; 5-year plans; Finance Commission; World Bank
- Reserve Bank of India’s role in the Indian banking system.
- Economic/ Financial terms & concepts: GDP; GNP; PPP; HDI; Inflation; WPI; CPI; IIP; SLR; CRR; Repo rate; Reverse Repo; Bank rate; Mutual Funds, Open Market Operations; Money supply
- Foreign Exchange reserves of India.
- Different kind of accounts and corresponding interest rates
- Non-Banking Financial companies: Definition, Difference from bank etc.
- NPA and SARFAESI
- Acts, Committees & legislation: Budget 2015; Economic Survey 2015, Railway Budget 2015; Companies Bill 2013
- Banking services: Assets, liabilities and working capital of a bank; NEFT; RTGS; Banking Correspondence
agents; Bancassurance; Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- BASEL norms
- Financial Inclusion and various initiatives for it.
- Types of Markets, Money and banking instruments
- Reverse Mortgage Loans.
- Priority Sector Lending.
- Banking Abbreviations, terms, and concepts.
- Headquarters of Banks
Banking Awareness Preparation: Common Banking Theory Questions from Previous Years
- Insurance regulator in India? – IRDA
- In FEMA, M stands for- Management
- Full form of EMV – EuroPay, MasterCard, Visa
- In MICR middle 3 digits represent? – Bank
- RTGS full-form – Real Time Gross Settlement
- MMID full form – Mobile Money Identifier
- CBS full form – Core Banking Solution
- ULIP full form – Unit-linked insurance plan
Banking Awareness Preparation: Common Banking Current Affairs Questions from Previous Years
- The validity of Kishan Vikas Patra – 100 months
- What is the new name of MCX? – Metropolitan Stock Exchange of India Ltd’, abbreviated as ‘mSXI’
- Payment bank working capital – 100 Crore
- Jandhan yojana’s objective? – Financial Inclusion
- The share of the state government in RRB – 15%
- What is the exchange date for pre-2005 Notes? – 1st Jan 2015
- Rupay card is developed by? – NPCI
So. these were the important topics for Banking Awareness Preparation for SBI PO 2019. For more such information, keep browsing Topprnotes.