Are you a graduate in any of the scientific disciplines with a strong passion for science willing to enter the next level of study in any of the long-established institutes of global reputation that exhales leading-edge facilities and resources to support you academically as you progress? Then, the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) can give you the best support for your research success. Here is all you need to know about GATE 2019.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering – GATE 2019
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national-level standardized test organized and conducted once every February by the Indian Institute Of Science (IISc) and seven IITs (IIT Roorkee, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Khanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Chennai, and IIT Mumbai) on a rotatory basis on behalf of the National Coordination Board-GATE buttressed by the Ministry of Human Resources Development(MHRD), Government Of India, to screen candidates to the various postgraduate and doctoral programs in engineering, technology, and architecture and doctoral programs in various branches of science offered by the institutions supported by the MHRD and other government agencies.
|GATE 2019 Online Registration commences on||1st September 2018|
|Last date for the submission of online application form||21st September 2018|
|Extended last date for online submission of application form||1st October 2018|
|Admit cards will be issued by||4th January 2019|
|Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2019 on||2nd February 2019
3rd February 2019
9th February 2019
10th February 2019
|Results will be declared by||16th March 2019|
|The release of Score Card||21st March 2019 to 30th March 2019|
|The first round of Counseling commences by||April first week 2019|
Eligibility Requirements for GATE 2019
The following conditions must be met with to be eligible for application to GATE 2019:
(I) No specific age limitations are prescribed.
(II) Indian and foreign candidates are eligible to apply.
(III) The candidate must have any of the following educational qualifications to be eligible for application:
- The candidate must be a graduate in Engineering /Technology /Pharmacy(4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc/Diploma in Engineering /Technology). Final year students are also eligible to apply OR
- The candidate must be a graduate in Architecture (5 years). Final year students are also eligible to apply OR
- The candidate must have a Bachelor degree in science(research-oriented B.Sc./B.S.). Final year students are also eligible to apply OR
- The candidate must be a postgraduate in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent. Final year students are also eligible to apply OR
- The candidate must have Post B.SC. Integrated Masters degree in Engineering /Technology (4 years). Students who are currently in 2nd,3rd, or 4th year of the program can also apply OR
- The candidate must have an Integrated Masters degree/Dual degree in Engineering /Technology(5 years). Students who are currently in the 4th/5th year of the program can also apply OR
- The candidate must have passed Integrated M.Sc. or 5 years Integrated BS-MS program. Final year students are also eligible to apply OR
- The candidate must have passed B.E./B.Tech./Beach equivalent examinations of Professional Societies recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE.
- The candidate’s recent passport-size color photograph taken after 1st August 2018 with the candidate’s face covering 35% of the total area of the photograph taken on a light background in JPEG format. The maximum size of the photograph must not exceed 480*640 pixels and minimum size must not be below 240*340 pixels.
- A digital copy of the candidate’s signature in black/dark blue ink in a rectangular box of size 2cm*7cm in JPEG format. The maximum image size can be 160*560 pixels. The minimum image size can be 80*280 pixels.
- Other documents including ID proofs, Category Certificate, and Qualifying Certificate as and when applicable.
How to Apply
The application form will be made available online from 1st September 2018 on the official website . Register by giving your name, e-mail ID, mobile number, and password. An enrolment ID will be sent to the registered email ID. Login using your login credentials including your enrollment ID and password. Fill in your personal details including your name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, and parent’s mobile number, address for communication, eligibility degree details, college name and address, GATE subject, and your preferred choice of examination centers. Upload the digital copy of your photograph and signature satisfying the given specifications. The candidates must upload supporting documents including your Qualifying Certificates and Category Certificates if applicable. The candidate must enter the details of a valid ID proof which can be your Passport, Pan Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Employee ID or Driving License. Verify the details provided and click “Submit and proceed to payment” button. The candidates have to pay the application fees online through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card. The details of the application fees are given in the following table:
After the successful payment of the application fees, you will be redirected to the GOAPS website and you can download and take a print-out of the application form for future reference by clicking “Download Application Form” button.
Admit Card for GATE 2019
The Admit Cards will be made available on the GOAPS website from 4th January 2019. Download and take a print-out of the Admit card. This along with the original ID proof is to be brought to the examination center.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
GATE 2019 is an online computer-based competitive exam organized for 24 subjects, conducted on 2nd,3rd, 9th, and 10th February 2019 in various centers across the country, spanning three hours held in two sessions, that is, forenoon (from 09:00a.m. to 12:00noon) and afternoon (from 02:00p.m. to 05:00p.m.). There will be a total of 65 questions for all papers with a maximum aggregate score of 100 marks out of which 10 questions with a score of 15 marks will be based on General Aptitude intended to evaluate the candidate’s language and analytical skills. There will be Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs) and Numerical Answer Type(NATs). MCQs are objective questions of 1 or 2 marks. There will be a penalty for wrong answers in this section. NATs carry 1 or 2 marks and the answers are signed real numbers which have to be entered by the candidates. There will be no penalty for wrong answers in this section. Generally, the questions are designed to evaluate the candidate’s recalling ability, comprehension skills and has application-level questions and analysis and synthesis questions. General Aptitude(GA) is common for all papers. From 2019, a new section focusing on statistics is included.
GATE 2019 Results will be declared and published on the official website by 16th March 2019. Using the login credentials including your enrollment ID, registration number, and date of birth, you can access your result. Take a print-out of your results. The scorecard will be made available from 20th March 2019 to 31st May 2019 and will be valid for three years. In case you need the soft copy of the same after 31st May 2019, you need to pay 500INR.
The cut-off percentage will be decided by the Committee constituted by IIT Council after the result declaration and the merit list will be prepared accordingly. Selected candidates will have to attend the Counseling session as and when scheduled with the requested documents.
For further information and updated notifications, visit the official website:
Attempt GATE to enhance your student experience while being a recipient of a prestigious, modern education with every opportunity to better yourself and your career. Good luck with your attempts!