AIIMS Exam Pattern 2019 –Aspirants willing to pursue medical courses must check the AIIMS 2019 exam pattern before appearing for the AIIMS entrance exam. The AIIMS 2019 exam pattern will help aspirants to gain an insight into the exam duration, question paper, number of questions, and the marking scheme. AIIMS 2019 will be held in online mode on 25-26, May 2019.
The entrance exam of AIIMS is three and a half hours long exam, consisting of 200 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and reason assertive. The AIIMS exam is conducted in different shifts. Candidates planning to take AIIMS MBBS 2019 exam can check here the details of AIIMS exam pattern 2019.
AIIMS Exam Pattern 2019
AIIMS paper pattern comprises of 200 questions MCQ’s and reason assertive. The syllabus, number of questions, and marking scheme should be known for the better understanding of AIIMS 2019 exam. With the AIIMS 2019 exam pattern information, the aspirants will be able to prepare well in advance. The detailed information of AIIMS exam pattern 2019 has been given below:
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total marks|
|Logical Thinking & Aptitude||10||10*1|
Key Points AIIMS Exam Pattern 2019
- Mode of Examination – The exam will be in online mode.
- Duration of Examination – The AIIMS paper is of 3 hours 30 minutes in total.
- The number of shifts – There are four shifts in total and exam will be conducted in two shifts(Morning: 9 am-12:30 pm; Evening: 3 pm – 6:30 pm) per day.
- Type of Questions – The paper will have 200 question with the multiple choice of answers(MCQ) including 60 reasoning questions.
- The medium of Exam – The authorities will conduct AIIMS in English and Hindi languages.
- The total number of questions – 200 questions with 60 each from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and 10 reasoning questions from each general knowledge and logical thinking & aptitude.
- AIIMS exam Marking Scheme – There is negative marking in AIIMS 2019 exam and each correct choice, leads to +1 marks and the incorrect choice will lead to -1/3 mark. There no mark for the unattempted question.
Marking Scheme AIIMS 2019
- No marks are there for unanswered questions.
- Candidate cannot change the answer.
- Marking multiple choices result in an incorrect response.
- +1 for a correct answer.
- -1/3 for each incorrect choice.
The minimum marks required for AIIMS 2019: The aggregate percentage of marks required for taking AIIMS 2019 exam is 60% for general and 50% SC/ST/PH respectively.
The language of AIIMS Question Paper
The question paper will be available in Hindi and English at all the exam centers. Candidates applying for the test have to choose the medium of an online exam as per their preference.
Syllabus AIIMS 2019
The syllabus for AIIMS 2019 will help a candidate to prepare well for the examination. It covers the important topic for the AIIMS exam. The syllabus for AIIMS 2019 comprises class 11 & 12 Important NCERT Physics, Chemistry and biology subjects.
Circular Motion, Electricity, Electro-Magnetic Induction, Electronic Devices, Kinetic Theory of Gases, Measurement, Motion, Nuclear Physics, Physics of the Atom: Thermodynamics: Work and heat, the first law of Thermodynamics, Optics.
Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Classification of Elements, States of Matter: Solids, Gases, and Liquids, Equilibrium, Hydrogen, p,d,f-Block Elements, Hydrocarbons, Solid State, Electrochemistry, Surface Chemistry, Coordination Compounds, Organic Chemistry, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen.
Cell Structure and Function, Human Physiology, Plant Physiology, Structural Organization in Animals and Plants, Reproduction, Biology, and Human Welfare, Ecology and Environment, Genetics and Evolution, Biotechnology and its Applications.
Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Major events, Famous award and prizes, World Records, Books and authors, Science, History, etc.
How to Prepare for AIIMS 2019?
AIIMS question paper pattern is simple in structure and comprises questions from Biology, physics, Chemistry carrying the total of 180 marks. The 20 marks questions are from general knowledge and Logical reasoning & aptitude. The AIIMS exam preparation requires a systematic manner of practice and a proper schedule. A proper schedule and studying important topics for AIIMS will help an aspirant in scoring well.
Important topics to prepare for AIIMS exam:
- Mechanics, Electrodynamic, Magnetic Effects of Currents, Waves, and Sound, for physics
- Organic chemistry from chemistry
- And, Botany, Zoology from biology is the main component of the exam.
The candidate should focus on the important topics and consult the NCERT books for AIIMS preparation for clearing concepts. The candidate should consult AIIMS reference book after NCERT.