AIIMS Delhi or All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi is a medical college & a public medical university located in New Delhi. There are total 8 AIIMS located at different locations all over India. The AIIMS branches are famous as AIIMS hospital or AIIMS University. Providing world-class medical facilities using advanced medical techniques & treatments. AIIMS offers the medical degrees & distinctions in UG, PG & Doctoral programmes.
The AIIMS Delhi was established under the Parliamentary Act in 1956. The institute degrees are well recognized by the Medical Council of India. The prime focus of the institute is to offer high-quality education and learning for all the branches of postgraduate and undergraduate medical courses.
With respect to the postgraduate education offered by the institution, the main objective is to enhance research & training facilities for the teachers of medical colleges in India.
AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi conducts an entrance exam for admission into the MBBS courses across the nine AIIMS in India. AIIMS MBBS entrance examination is the only gateway to be in AIIMS institute as a student. Aspirants wishing to pursue MBBS or PG courses in AIIMS have to take an entrance exam and score well to be eligible for admissions. The seats available for MBBS admissions in AIIMS are 800.
About AIIMS Delhi
All India Institute Of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), has become a lifesaving institution and a prestigious medical college in India. The dream of Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru and Amrit Kaur, the recommendations of the Bhore Committee for founding favor of the government of New Zealand made it possible. A generous grant from New Zealand under the Colombo Plan made this possible to lay the foundation stone of AIIMS in 1952. The AIIMS Delhi was established in 1956, as an autonomous institution through the act of Parliament.
- Address: Located at Ansari Nagar, Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi
- The Institute has modern facilities for research, teaching, and patient care.
- AIIMS conducts teaching programs in medical & para-medical courses for UG & PG levels.
- Teaching and research are conducted in 55 disciplines. In the field of medical research, AIIMS is having more than 600 research publications by the faculty and researchers annually.
- AIIMS runs a College of Nursing for training students for B.Sc.(Hons.) degrees.
- 25 clinical departments including four super specialty centres manage all types of disease conditions with support from pre and Para-clinical departments.
- AIIMS has a 60-bedded hospital in the Comprehensive Rural Health Centre at Ballabgarh, Haryana and provides health coverage to about 2.5 lakh population through the Centre for Community Medicine.
Functions at AIIMS Delhi
- Teachings in medical and related physical, biological sciences.
- Education innovations
- Nursing and dental education
- Producing medical teachers country.
- Research in medical and related sciences.
- Healthcare: preventive, promotive and curative facilities.
- Image analysis system for the stereological and quantitative study of tissues.
- Control of Diarrheal diseases.
- Flowcytometry in progress in Biotechnology Lab for identification of DNA ploidy and surface markers in cancer cells.
AIIMS Medical College Admission- Application Process
AIIMS, Delhi Admission Process
It is the Institute for which the number of aspirants taking the entrance exam is approx 3 lakh. AIIMS, New Delhi is the responsible body for holding the admission process for admissions in all the nine AIIMS institutes across India.
The AIIMS admission process depends on the various different factors.
- The candidate meeting the eligibility criteria.
- Marks scored in 10+2 examination.
- Scoring the minimum qualifying marks in the AIIMS MBBS entrance.
- AIIMS MBBS 2019 rank of a candidate
- Participating in the AIIMS counseling for seat allotment.
Candidates get the information about their successful admission through e-mail on their registered e-mail ID.
Download and Practice AIIMS Previous Year Question Papers HERE.
The result calculation is done on the basis of percentile marks with respect to the raw scores. Candidates can check the percentile score from the AIIMS website along with their candidate ID & password. The result will be released according to both rank & roll number.
AIIMS Medical College Fees
The fee structure for AIIMS medical college includes the registration fee, caution money and laboratory fee. The table gives the detailed fee structure of AIIMS college and hostel.
|Fee Structure||Amount (INR)|
|Student Union Fee||63.00|
|Hostel fees||Amount (INR)|
|Mess Security (refundable)||500.00|
|Hostel Security (refundable)||1000.00|
AIIMS medical college, New Delhi is one of the coveted medical institute and hospital of the country. The institute holds National importance and admission to the institute demand high scores and top rank in AIIMS entrance examination.