AIIMS 2019 counseling will start from the first week of July 2019. The AIIMS, New Delhi will organize the counseling for all the nine AIIMS across India. The counseling process for AIIMS will be in online mode. The candidates have to register online for AIIMS 2019 counseling on AIIMS MBBS exam official website. AIIMS MBBS 2019 counseling will be taking place in four rounds including an open round counseling process for the seats left vacant even after the three prior counseling rounds. The AIIMS MBBS exam is on 25 and 26 May 2019. The counseling procedure will start post-AIIMS result declaration.
The candidate satisfying the minimum qualifying marks requirement will only be eligible for the counseling process. For detailed information read the article given below about the whole AIIMS 2019 counseling process.
Important Points to Remember
- The student’s merit, category, and availability of seats in AIIMS colleges will determine the seat allotment.
- The authorities will organize a mock counseling for a better understanding of AIIMS seat locking, editing and deleting process.
- Candidates who wish to resign from the allotted seat will have to go through the specified process of AIIMS counseling.
- After seat allotment candidates have to report to the respective college within the specified time period.
- The seats left vacant in the first round are included in the subsequent rounds of AIIMS 2019 counseling
- The result of mock round AIIMS 2019 counseling will release in the second week of July 2019.
Important Dates AIIMS 2019 Counseling
Candidates aspiring for AIIMS MBBS 2019 admissions should be well aware of the entire admission process and the important dates. They can check the same from the given table.
|AIIMS Exam Date||
25,26 May 2019
Result Declaration AIIMS 2019
|June 12, 2019|
First week of July 2019
Result mock counseling
|Second week of July 2019|
|First Round of Counseling||
Third week of July 2019
Result First round
|Fourth week of July 2019|
|Second Round of Counseling||
First week of August 2019
Result Second Round
|Second week of August 2019|
|Third round of Counseling||
First week of September 2019
Result Third Round
|Second week of September 2019|
|Open Round of Counseling||
Third week of September 2019
Result Open Round
|First week of October 2019|
Qualifying Percentage for AIIMS 2019 Counseling
The minimum qualifying percentile and cutoff marks AIIMS 2019:
|Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff Percentile Marks|
The table above clearly shows that for qualification in AIIMS 2019 the unreserved or general candidate have to score either 50% or more, the OBC candidate has to score 45% or more, and 40% or more for the SC/ST category candidates.
AIIMS 2019 Counseling Process
The process of participating in AIIMS counseling is mandatory for admission. To understand the process briefly candidate can go through the table given below.
Steps to follow:
|Process of counseling|
|Participating in Mock Counseling|
Editing/Submitting of the choice
|Accepting/refusing the Allotted seat|
Reporting to the Institute
Detailed Description of AIIMS MBBS Counselling Process
Registration: The first step for AIIMS 2019 counseling process is to register for the counseling process. The registered candidate will only be able to participate in AIIMS counseling. For, AIIMS MBBS counseling registration the candidate have to visit the official AIIMS Exam portal and log in there by entering the candidate ID and password. The new counseling page will open and the candidate has to create a new password for filling in the preferences.
AIIMS Mock Counseling: The candidates registering for AIIMS counseling will get the chance to participate in the AIIMS Mock Counseling where the candidate will choose the seat and college according to the preference. The seat selection can be done by clicking on the ‘Make Choice’ button. The adding or removing of a seat will be done from the drop-down list given. The candidate must lock the choices and submit.
The result for the mock round will release in the second week of July. The subsequent rounds for counseling will be open after mock result for participation. The candidate wishing to edit their choices will have to go through the available seat list again and then remove or add the choices.
Seat Allotment after Counseling: The result of AIIMS MBBS counseling 2019 mock round will be announced in the first week of July. The PDF file to check the seat allotment result will be available on the official page of AIIMS exam. The AIIMS MBBS seat allotment is done on the basis of preferences of a candidate, merit in AIIMS MBBS and availability of seats.
The Acceptance or Refusal of Allotted Seat:
The authorities of AIIMS exam have a different procedure for candidates to accept or refuse the seat allotted in a particular defined manner. The different scenarios of refusing the seat allotted are as follow:
- Accept the seat allotted: The candidate will have to log in and accept the seat by visiting the allotted institute for document verification.
- Refusal of allotted seat: The candidate will be required to login and refuse the seat. It should be noted the candidate won’t be given any chance thereafter.
- Accept and wish for another seat: This is the process where the candidate will be given chance to be on safer side one can keep the allotted seat and participate in other rounds for the desirable seat.
- Refuse and appear for other rounds: The option is for candidates who are not satisfied with the allotted seat and wish to participate further for the desirable seat for admission.
The candidate neither accepting or refusing the allotted seat will be given the seat selected at the mock counseling. The candidate will be ineligible for the subsequent round of participation.
Reporting to the allotted Institute: The candidate accepting the allotted seat will have to report to the college with the documents for the completion of the admission process.
AIIMS MBBS 2019 Seats and Reservation
There are a total of 807 seats available for MBBS admission across all the AIIMS institutes. The seat distribution is done according to the Indian government rules & regulations. The AIIMS seat distribution is as follows:
|New Delhi||50||27||15||8||107( 7 Foreign Seats)|
There is 5% quota for PWBD candidates in all the AIIMS Institutes.
The seats and reservation provided are according to the 2018 AIIMS admission prospectus, we’ll be updating the list once the official 2019 AIIMS MBBS prospectus is out.
Documents Required For Admission Process
The admission will take place after successful counseling and seat allotment process. The candidate has to visit the allotted institute for document verification. Documents required for verification are:
- AIIMS MBBS 2019 Admit Card
- Call letter of seat allotment confirmation given by AIIMS, New Delhi
- Certificate of Date of Birth proof – Matriculation/High School Certificate, Birth Certificate issued by local Municipal Corporation office indicating name and DOB of the candidate.
- Certificate/Mark sheet of 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Migration Certificate from the University/ Institute last studied.
- Caste Certificate in the prescribed form as appended in the Prospectus showing that candidates belong to SC/ST/OBC/PH category (applicable only if you have claimed in the application that belongs to an SC/ST/OBC/PH category).
- Current passport size photograph 6 copies.
- A set of self-attested copies of all the certificates.
Note: The candidate should be well aware of the seat matrix and the merit scores. The authorities will invite candidates four times more than the seats available. The seat preference must be given wisely.