AIIMS Admission process will require minimum qualifying marks in AIIMS Entrance exam. AIIMS, New Delhi will be organizing the admission procedure. Eligible candidates qualifying AIIMS MBBS 2019 will have to then register themselves for AIIMS counseling and seat allotment process. The counseling process will start tentatively from the first week of July 2019.
AIIMS offers admission to 807 (7 reserved for foreign nationals) seats available across nine AIIMS – New Delhi, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur, Rishikesh, Guntur, and Nagpur.
AIIMS Counseling is an important process for admission, the candidates have to register to participate in AIIMS 2019 counseling and seat allotment. A seat is allotted on the basis of preference, performance in the examination and total seats available for admissions.
AIIMS Admission Process
It is the Institute for which the number of aspirants taking the entrance exam is approx 3 lakh. AIIMS, New Delhi is the responsible body for holding the admission process for admissions in all the nine AIIMS institutes across India.
The AIIMS admission process depends on the various different factors.
- The candidate meeting the eligibility criteria.
- Marks scored in 10+2 examination.
- Scoring the minimum qualifying marks in the AIIMS MBBS entrance.
- AIIMS MBBS 2019 rank of a candidate
- Participating in the AIIMS counseling for seat allotment.
Confirmation of Admission
A candidate has to confirm the seat allotted by visiting the allotted campus along with required documents. For, confirming the admission the candidate will be required to pay the first-semester fee.
Eligibility for AIIMS Admission Process
The basic eligibility for AIIMS Admission is necessary for fulfillment. The admission is given to the candidate satisfying the eligibility requirements.
Age: The candidate should be 17 years of age as on 31st December 2019
Academic Qualification for AIIMS 2019
Class 12 or its equivalent is the basic qualifying exam, the qualifying marks differ according to the candidates’ category. The candidates fulfilling these eligible conditions will be able to give the exam:
- Candidate passed/appearing class 12 exam.
- Candidates should have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as the main subjects in Class 12.
- The applicants should have the necessary aggregate marks in the qualifying exam:
- General Category and OBC- aggregate 60% marks in qualifying exam.
- SC/ST/PWBD – 50% marks in qualifying exam.
- Candidates should fill the appropriate AIIMS Qualifying Examination Codes in the online application form.
How to get Admission in AIIMS?
The admission to the nine All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is taken through the AIIMS MBBS entrance exam.
The candidates qualifying the exam is called to participate in the AIIMS MBBS 2019 counseling process. The admission is given on the basis of the merit score of the candidates and the preferences submitted at the time of counseling.
- After AIIMS, New Delhi will release the AIIMS entrance 2019 score, the online registration for counseling starts in the first week of July 2019.
- The candidate has to submit their 10, 12 class mark sheets and their preference of the institute.
- The candidates merit, eligibility, and the availability of seats determines the seat allotment.
- The candidate must lock the seat after submitting in the counseling round.
- The admission process will complete after visiting the allotted institute in the given time frame for admission confirmation.
Minimum Qualifying Marks AIIMS Admission
The minimum qualifying percentile and cutoff marks AIIMS 2019:
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff Percentile Marks|
The table above clearly shows that for qualification in AIIMS 2019 the unreserved or general candidate have to score either 50% or more, the OBC candidate has to score 45% or more, and 40% or more for the SC/ST category candidates.
It is necessary for a candidate to score minimum marks to be eligible for AIIMS admission process. The candidate failing to qualify AIIMS entrance exam will be ineligible for AIIMS Admission 2019.
AIIMS Important Documents Required at the time of Admissions
The admission will take place after successful counseling and seat allotment process. The candidate has to visit the allotted institute for document verification. Documents required for verification are:
- AIIMS MBBS 2019 Admit Card
- Call letter of seat allotment confirmation given by AIIMS, New Delhi
- Certificate of Date of Birth proof – Matriculation/High School Certificate, Birth Certificate issued by local Municipal Corporation office indicating name and DOB of the candidate.
- Certificate/Mark sheet of 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Migration Certificate from the University/ Institute last studied.
- Caste Certificate in the prescribed form as appended in the Prospectus showing that candidates belong to SC/ST/OBC/PH category (applicable only if you have claimed in the application that belongs to an SC/ST/OBC/PH category).
- Current passport size photograph 6 copies.
- A set of self-attested copies of all the certificates.
The AIIMS 2019 rank and the eligibility as prescribed by the AIIMS institute are the main criteria for AIIMS admission process after 12 class for the new academic year 2019.
AIIMS Delhi Admission
Given below is the cutoff list for AIIMS Delhi Admission 2019:
|Cut off 2018||Cut of 2017|
|Category||AIR Last Rank||Qualifying %||AIR Last Rank||Qualifying %|
The cutoff marks determine the admission to AIIMS institute. The AIIMS New Delhi merit is high and candidate needs to score 99.99 percentile to be in AIIMS, New Delhi. The other AIIMS colleges too have high merit release by the AIIMS, New Delhi. For the details of AIIMS, Delhi click here.
AIIMS MBBS Fee structure
The AIIMS Admission will be completed after all the mentioned process and the candidate will have to pay the fee for the same.The fee structure is as follows:
|Fee Structure||Amount (INR)|
|Student Union Fee||63.00|
|Hostel fee||Amount (INR)|
|Mess Security (refundable)||500.00|
|Hostel Security (refundable)||1000.00|
The foreign nationals students admitted to MBBS course has to pay the tuition fees of US $ 75,000 ( divided into 3 equal installments for the pre-clinical phase, paraclinical phase, and clinical phase of MBBS course).