AFMC Medical College is a leading medical institute of India. AFMC Pune has been recognized as a center of excellence in education and research. It provides training to post-graduate and undergraduate nursing/medical students assuring career prospects in defense services.
Armed Forces of Medical College Pune was established on 1 May 1948 by an act passed by the Indian Parliament on recommendations of BC Roy Committee. The union of different defense medical organizations started the medical college. The college graduate wing was started on 4th August 1962. The wing functions in providing a steady and sustainable flow of medical officers to serve in the Indian Armed Forces.
Students in the clinical course receive training at the affiliated teaching hospitals. These include Artificial Limb Centre, Command Hospital (Southern Command), Military Hospital (Cardiothoracic Centre), Military Hospital Kirkee, and Cantonment General Hospital, Pune. AFMC, Pune has produced more than 6500 doctors since 1966. The 46 batches students are rendering service to the Nation.
- Affiliation- Maharashtra University of Health Sciences
- Approval – Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Status – Government Institute
Departments and Courses- AFMC Pune
AFMC has a total of 29 departments at present. There are overall 89 training courses at the AFMC Medical college. Lectures, practical demonstrations, and clinics are planned and conducted around the year excluding in 2 short vacations. The AFMC college hosting 280 postgraduate trainees at present in various research and academic activities.
Some of the major departments at AFMC college Pune are:
- Dental Surgery
- The super specialty department of CT Surgery.
The best stalwarts, surgeons, and clinicians in the medical field are using their collective experience in the form of researchers and teachers at the college.
MBBS and B.Sc Course and Fees – AFMC, Pune
|Course Name||Seats||Duration||Fee Course(INR)||
|UG||MBBS||130 students (105 boys & 25 girls)||5 years||2,82,650||
|B.Sc. Nursing||40||4 years||1,82,040||
The Post Graduate Courses:
- Doctor of Medicine [M.D.]
- DM [Cardiology]
- Master of Surgery [M.S.]
- Master of Chirurgiae [M.CH]
- MHA (Master of Hospital Administration
- Post Graduate Diploma
The candidate can check the details for the course and departments here.
Mode of Admission AFMC, Pune
The college offers two UG(MBBS and B.Sc) courses, various specializations with MD and MD/MS degrees, along with M.Sc. degree in Anatomy and MHA. The college also offers PG Diploma courses and a number of Super-specialty courses.
AFMC, Pune will offer admission to the undergraduate courses on the basis of NEET entrance score. Followed by the screening test. NEET is the only entrance exam which makes the candidate eligible for admissions in AFMC Medical College Admissions. NEET is an offline MCQ based paper taken in various languages.
Super specialty and Postgraduate course applications are invited in the month of July and September respectively.
Eligibility Key Points:
- A candidate should be a citizen of India or be a subject of Nepal/Bhutan or a person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan or any other foreign country with the intention of permanently settling in India
- The candidate should be unmarried and remain so during the course period.
- The candidate should be medically fit as per prescribed standards by the Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence.
AFMC MBBS and B.Sc. Nursing Admission 2019
AFMC Pune offers Bachelor of Medicine, MBBS, and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc. Nursing) degrees at the UG level. MBBS course is for a duration of five years and the B.Sc. course is for a period of four years.
Admission to the MBBS course is through NEET-UG and the candidates eligible for the B.Sc. course need to take an entrance test conducted by the college. The shortlisted candidates are invited for the Interview rounds.
- Selected candidates in the B.Sc. (Nursing) will be required to execute a bond of agreement to serve in the Military Nursing Service for a minimum period of 5 years
- Male nurses who have not done midwifery in the GNM programme have to submit a Certificate of completion of a course of 6- 9 months duration approved by INC in lieu of midwifery.
AFMC Cut off Requirements
Interested applicants who wish to pursue a medical course in Armed Forces Medical College will have to secure the minimum qualifying marks in NEET 2019. The AFMC will determine the cutoff scores for candidates to participate in AFMC admission process.
The minimum qualifying NEET 2019 marks are:
|Category||Percentile Cutoff||Cutoff Marks (2018)|
Previous Years Cut Off
The threshold will vary each year for girls and boys. There are 10 seats reserved for SC/ST candidates. The previous years cutoffs are as follows:
Cut Off Post Interview for General Category
- Girls: 168.75/250
- Boys: 159.50/250
Fee Structure AFMC Medical College
The institution fee includes the tuition fee per semester, one-time fee at the time of admission, and caution money the refundable amount, etc. The campus provides the hostel facility for both girls and boys.
The AFMC Fee Structure for different courses is as follows:
|S.No||Course Name||Fee Annually INR|
|11||Post Basic Diploma||49,000|
AFMC Pune Campus
The AFMC, Pune campus is environment-friendly stretching over 119 acres. The college is located close to Ramtekri in Pune. The college campus displays beautiful gardens that have been maintained well and serves as a home to an interesting blend of ultra-modern facilities & heritage buildings. The campus boasts amenities like laboratories, lecture halls, museums, demonstration rooms, and auditoriums are available for the students. The campus features a cafeteria, swimming pool, general stores, canteen, shopping center, nursery school, gym and cinema theater.
List of AFMC Colleges in India
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- College of Nursing, Pune
Student life AFMC, Pune
- AFMC provides broad-based cultural and social exposure to its students.
- Students participate in various sports.
- The large number of societies and clubs like the Student Scientific Society, Computer Club, Hobbies Club, Debating Club, Adventure Club, and Musimatics is the cultural hub for students.
- Students at AFMC have won many laurels in debates, quiz contests and youth festivals in and outside the campus. For more details, click here.
AFMC Pune Adress:
OIC Admission Cell
Armed Forces Medical College,
Pune – 411040
Tele +912026334209, +912026334223
email: [email protected]