When you are looking to apply for UPSC ESE 2019, then you should have a clear idea about the application process. You need to be careful while you are filling up your IES Application Form. The application form can only be filled online. No other method of filling the form is accepted by the UPSC.
In the following article, we would be talking about the things you need to know when you are going for UPSC IES Apply Online.
IES Application Form – Important Dates
When you are looking to fill up the IES Application Form, one of the first things that you should know about are the dates. The official dates are released in the UPSC ESE Notification. The following table gives the details:
|Start Date for Application for UPSC ESE 2019||27th September 2018|
|Last date for submission of application form UPSC ESE 2019||22nd October 2018|
|Downloading for UPSC ESE Admit Card 2019||2nd Week of December 2018|
|UPSC ESE Preliminary Exam||6th January 2019|
|UPSC ESE Mains Exam||30th June 2019|
As you can see, filling up the IES 2019 application form would start on 27th September 2018 and the last date for filling is 22 October 2018.
Filling Up the IES Application Form – The Detailed Process
To fill up the online form, you need to click on the button below:
Important Instructions to Fill Up the Online IES Application Form
You just need to follow the given steps to fill up the online IES Application Form:
STEP 1: Click on the link above.
STEP 2: You would be redirected to the official application page. You just need to fill in the application with all the details.
STEP 3: After you have done checking the information, click on ‘submit’
STEP 4: This completes the first part of the application process. You would get a registration ID and password
STEP 5: You need to proceed to the next stage of the process. Login with your registration ID and password.
STEP 6: Upload your scanned photograph and signature. he file size should not exceed 40 KB each and must not be less than 3 KB in size for the photograph and 1 KB for the signature. The pixel size of photograph should be 140 pixels height x 110 pixels width while the signature should be 110 pixels height x 140 pixels width. Click on submit.
STEP 8: Choose your exam centre from the list of options
STEP 9: Pay your application fee
STEP 10: After a successful transaction, you would get confirmation on your email.
This was all that you need to do to fill your IES Application Form. Next, we would take a look at the application fee that you need to pay when you are going for USPC IES Apply Online.
IES Application Form – Application Fee
You would need to pay an application fee to complete filling up the UPSC IES 2019 Application Form.
- Male candidates belonging to General and OBC Category would have to pay a fee of Rs. 200/-
- Female/SC/ST/PH candidates are exempted from paying any fees.
IES Application Form – Important Instructions
(a) Candidates should ensure that they fill up all the important information and nothing is left blank as that might lead to the cancellation of application.
(b) The applicants are advised to submit only single application; however, if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/ she must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination center, photograph, signature, fee etc. The applicants who are 8 submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
(c) All candidates, whether already in Government Service, or in Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organisations or in private employment, should apply online directly to the Commission. Persons, already in Government service whether in a permanent or temporary capacity or as work‐charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under public enterprises are, however, required to inform their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the Examination. Candidates should note that in case communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for/appearing at the Examination, their application will be liable to be rejected/ candidature will be liable to be canceled.
Note 1: While filling in his/her application form, the candidate should carefully decide about his/her choice for the centre and engineering discipline for the examination. If any candidate appears at a centre/engineering discipline other than the one indicated by the commission in his/her e‐ admission certificate papers of such a candidate will not be valued and his/her candidature will be liable to cancellation.
Note 2: suitable provisions for information regarding use of scribes by the blind candidates and candidates with locomotor disability and cerebral palsy where dominant (writing) extremity is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function (minimum of 40% impairment) have been made in the online application.
Note 3: incomplete or defective applications shall be summarily rejected. No representation or correspondence regarding such rejection shall be entertained under any circumstances. Candidates are not required to submit hard copy/print out of their application to the commission at this stage.
- The candidates applying for the Examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the Commission viz. Written Examination and Personality Test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time before or after the written examination or Personality Test, it is found that they do not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature of the Examination will be cancelled by the Commission. Candidates are requested to keep ready the attested copies of the following documents for submission to the Commission soon after the declaration of the results of the written Examination.
- Certificate of Age.
- Certificate of Educational Qualification.
- Certificate in support of the claim to belong to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes, wherever applicable.
- Certificate in support of the claim for age/ fee concession, wherever applicable.
- Immediately after the declaration of the results of Main/Stage‐II examination, successful candidates will be intimated by the Commission electronically and they shall be asked to submit Detailed Application Form (DAF) online and upload the scanned copies of the above mentioned certificates to the Commission at that time. Originals will have to be produced at the time of Personality Test. The Personality Test letter to the candidates may also be issued electronically
These were some of the most important information that you should know before filling up your UPSC IES Application form. Next, you would need to download your admit card. To get information on UPSC IES 2019, click on the button below: