The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) organizes a Common Written Exam (CWE) on an annual basis for recruiting Probationary Officers (PO)/ Management Trainees (MT) in various public sector banks. The IBPS-PO 2018 aims at filling a total of 3760 positions in 20 national banks. Read the article to familiarize yourself with the details of IBPS PO Notification 2018
Overview of IBPS PO Notification 2018
Let us take a quick look at the things that you would read about in the IBPS PO Recruitment Notification 2018
|Name of the Exam||IBPS Probationary Officer Exam 201 or IBPS CWE PO/MT VII|
|Name of the Conducting authority||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|Level of the exam||Minimum Undergraduate (Completed)|
|Mode||Application – Online
Examination – Online
Preliminary – Objective
Main – Objective and Descriptive
|Post Offered||Probationary Officers and Management Trainee|
|Pay Scale||Rs. 23700 – Rs. 42,020|
|Number of Vacancies||Approximately 3700|
IBPS PO 2018 Exam Dates
The following table of important dates consists of all the information about the IBPS PO 2018 exam from the date of release of notification till the allotment of provisional posting. Please be noted that this information is not confirmed until the official IBPS PO notification is released.
|Date of release of official notification for IBPS PO 2017||August 2018|
|On-line registration (Modification, Online Payment) by candidates||August-2018 to September-2018|
|IBPS PO Preliminary Exam Date||October-2018|
|IBPS PO Mains Exam Date||November-2018|
|Declaration of IBPS PO Mains Exam Result||December 2018|
|Declaration and download of IBPS PO Interview Call Letter||January 2019|
|Date of IBPS PO Interview||January / February 2019|
|Allotment of Provisional Posting||April 2019|
For more information, click on the link below:
IBPS PO 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The following includes the eligibility criteria for IBPS PO recruitment as per the educational qualification, age relaxation among others to apply for IBPS PO exam. The information given here is based on the IBPS PO notification of the previous years. We don’t expect any significant changes made to the IBPS PO 2018 notification.
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent in any field from a recognized university.
- They must have the mark sheet/degree certificate on the day of registration. While registering online, they must indicate the marks obtained during graduation.
The candidate should be aged between 20 years and 30 years. Additionally, there is age relaxation for candidates with different categories as per the rules of Government of India.
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (Army personnel)||5 years|
|Widows/Divorced Women||9 years|
|Persons with Domicile of Jammu &Kashmir during the period of 1-1-1980 to 31-12-1989||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Regular Employees of Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal|
|retrenched from service(for MP state Only)||5 years|
- Candidates must be either one of the mentioned below:
- Citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement
- Person of Indian Origin (PIO) who have migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam or East African countries of Zaire, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, with the intention of permanent settlement in India
- Candidates belonging to the category 2, 3, 4 must have a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India in their favour.
Language and computer literacy
Proficiency in the official language of respective states/UTs is desirable. Working knowledge of computer systems is also mandatory both for the job and for taking the online test.
For the complete information on the eligibility criteria for IBPS PO recruitment 2018, click on the link below:
IBPS PO 2018 Selection Procedure
The next thing that would be mentioned in the IBPS PO notification 2018 is the selection procedure. Candidates appearing for IBPS PO 2018 will be selected by the IBPS through a three-step as follows:
- Preliminary examination
- Mains examination
The table below shows the procedure followed by the IBPS that candidates need to know.
|Stage||Exam||Type of Exam||Mode of Exam||Marks|
|2||Mains||Objective and Descriptive||Online||200 for objective, 50 for descriptive|
|3||Interview||Face to face||Offline||100|
IBPS PO 2018 Admit card
The IBPS PO notification would also have important information about the admit card. Candidates will start getting the admit cards from early September for the Pre-Exam. Applicants who have successfully registered for IBPS PO 2018 preliminary exam are advised to download their admit cards/call letters from the official IBPS website www.ibps.in. Hard copies will NOT be sent by post to any candidate.
Registration ID and password are required for candidates to download admit cards for IBPS PO 2018.
The call letters will be made available for each examination phase, 10 to15 days prior to the following phases:
- Preliminary exam
- Mains exam (subject to qualification in the preliminary exam)
- Interview (subject to qualification in mains exam)
How to apply for IBPS PO 2018
Let us see how you can apply according to the information on the IBPS PO notification. The application portal on the website www.ibps.in shall be in operation from August 2018 until September 2018, where candidates apply for IBPS PO. The following are the pre-requisites for applying:
- Scan your signature and photograph making sure the signature, as well as the photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm), adheres to the standards mentioned in Annexure III of the official notification.
- Keep necessary documents/details for making online payment of application fee/intimation charge
- Make sure you have a personal e-mail ID which should be active until the completion of this round of examination
- The IBPS may send call letters for exam through your registered e-mail ID
As soon as the Apply Online portal gets activated (the dates would be notified by the IBPS PO notification 2018), candidates can start applying step-wise in the following way:
- Candidates should click on “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” and enter their basic information in the online application form.
- Then, IBPS PO registration number and password will be generated and displayed on the screen. Candidates should note them down.
- SMS and e-mail will be sent indicating the registration number and password. Saved data can be re-opened using the IBPS PO registration number and password for editing particulars if required.
- Candidates need to upload their signature and photograph as per the rules mentioned in the official notification.
- Pay the Application Fee online, i.e. INR 100 for ST/SC/PWD Candidates and INR 600 for all others.
IBPS PO 2018 Vacancy and job profile
In the IBPS PO notification, the IBPS has advertised a total of 3760 vacancies across twenty national banks namely:
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab and Sind Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
Successful candidates work on probation for 2 years, enabling him/her to understand the practical method and foundation of the bank. The probation period is divided into several phases in which one has to handle tasks such as internet banking, customer support, loans, cash handling, clearing etc. After two years of completion of this period, he/she is appointed as Manager or Assistant Manager.
IBPS PO 2018 Results
IBPS CWE PO/MT preliminary results will be declared in the month of November, while the results of mains exam will be out in December. Candidates are required to keep themselves regularly aware and updated about the results after every round as their progress will be based on their qualification for each round.
The following is the step-wise procedure that candidates should read for downloading the IBPS PO 2018 result:
- Log on to the official website of IBPS ibps.in
- Click on CWE PO/MT link
- A new window will open showing the message “check result of PO/MT CWE VII”
- Submit/Enter your Registration number and Date of Birth
- Take a print out of the PO scorecard
Candidates having questions regarding the results can make use of a privilege by asking for assistance through a toll-free number 1800 222 366, i.e. the IBPS helpline which is operational from 9.30 AM to 6 PM.
|Preliminary exam||October 2018|
|Preliminary result||October 2018|
|Mains exam||November 2018|
|Main result||December 2018|
|Final result||April 2018|
IBPS PO 2018 Cutoff
The cutoff in any examination is the minimum number of marks put forward by the competent authority for qualification. It is necessary for the candidate to score cutoff marks in each section. Overall, the cutoffs are based on an idea of a combination. Basically, the candidates must score the cutoff in sections and the combination of all the sectional marks must be more than the cutoff prescribed for the concerned exam.
The cutoffs vary with different categories and states. The factors which decide the cutoff are mentioned below:
- Difficulty level
- Recruitment statistics of last year
- Number of vacancies
- Examination attendance of candidates
The cutoff marks have not been disclosed yet. The predictions can be deduced from last year’s cutoff. The official notification by the IBPS states that the preliminary exam cutoff would be released in the month of October, while the mains exam cutoff would be disclosed in December 2017. Interview and allotment cutoffs can be checked during April 2018.
|Paper||English||Reasoning Ability||Quantitative||General Awareness||Total|
Thanks for going through the IBPS PO notification 2018 article. For more information on IBPS PO 2018 and other competitive exams, please keep browsing Topprnotes.