For the academic year 2020, IBPS PO Prelims will be held on October 13, 14, 20 & 21, 2019 while the Main exam is scheduled for November 28, 2020. Candidates can easily crack the exam if they start preparing well in advance.
- IBPS PO Prelims would consist of 100 multiple choice questions
- All the questions will be divided in three sections: English language , Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability.
- In each section, candidates are required to obtain a minimum score to clear the sectional cut-off.
- To meet the overall IBPS PO Cutoff, candidates are required to obtain the overall qualifying marks in the IBPS PO Prelims. Only those who qualify the IBPS PO Prelims will be shortlisted for the Mains. Similarly, then who will qualify mains will be shortlisted for interview.
IBPS PO is held in two phases: Preliminary and Main. The Question Papers for IBPS PO 2020 will comprise of the following sections:
- English Comprehension
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Knowledge and Banking Awareness
- Computer Aptitude Check Complete IBPS PO Syllabus
IBPS PO 2020 Month-wise Strategy
In this article, we will discuss the strategy that aspirants should adopt to ensure a good score in the IBPS PO preliminary and main exam. The preparation schedule for IBPS PO 2020 is segregated into three steps.
Prepare a list of all the topics according to the sections from which the questions are usually asked. Begin with the topic which, according to you, is difficult or you have hardly heard about. The time allotment for each section should not be more than an hour. For subjects like Computer Knowledge, General Knowledge and Banking Awareness the time allocation per day should be 30 minutes or half an hour.
Purchase the preparation books and begin working out on questions following the topic list. For solving these questions, you just need to give 1 hour per day. The purpose of using these books is to get familiar with Exam Pattern of IBPS PO. This is because their pattern of questions is slightly different from those in the textbooks of the school. Moreover, you should gain the skill of shortcuts in order to solve the long sums.
Register on any site conducting mock tests for IBPS PO and solving a minimum of one paper every day. Besides, solving the mock papers of the Preliminary rounds, the aspirants must also solve the test papers of the Main examination of IBPS . The online mock tests will boost the confidence of the candidates for online exam and they will be benefitted for the same on the day of the examination.
IBPS PO 2020Sectional Preparation Tips
Guidelines to deal with all the subjects
The following details will provide detailed assistance on how to deal with each and every portion of the IBPS PO. Besides, you should also practice the model test paper a lot.
- Make a habit of reading popular English newspapers since the first day of your preparation. This is a significant part of your preparation.
- Thorough reading of the comprehension passage is an important part of the English section. Practice reading all types of passages as the question paper contain passages on any of the following topic like: sports, fiction, non-fictional work, history, etc.
- If you are not so familiar with the fundamental concepts of basic grammar then get yourself a standard VIII NCERT grammar book now! It will improve your basic knowledge of grammar.
- Cloze test is an integral part of the exam. Never overlook or ignore this portion as it can help you score 5-10 marks in the test. Just invest a day or two for practicing this part.
- Having a good vocabulary is very important. Keep yourself updated with all the vocabulary tricks available online.
- This is the section where candidates invest most of their time every day.
- Begin your preparation from scratch. This portion needs a minimum of 40 days to get familiar with.
- To learn the shortcut tricks to lengthy problems, no need to waste money on coaching classes buy books or you can also subscribe to YouTube channels for learning the tricks.
- Quantitative Aptitude comprises of 15 chapters and you just need to prepare the logics related to it. The rest depends on an individual’s speed of solving problems.
- Data Interpretation is an important part. Be thorough with it.
Reasoning And Computer Aptitude
Candidates do not waste much time for preparing this section because the cutoff marks for this portion are comparatively low. The most common problem faced in solving this portion is the ‘Circular Seat Arrangement’. This section is tests a candidate’s knowledge of computers. Other areas where you can compensate for this topic are given below:
- Verbal Reasoning
- Circular Seating Arrangement
- Linear Seating Arrangement
- Input Output
- Blood Relations
- Directions and Distances
- Coding & Decoding
- Just keep yourself updated with all the happenings of past six months related to social events, sports, entertainment, infrastructure, business and economy, etc. You can either read the news and current affairs online or you can follow the different news channels.
IBPS PO 2020 Last Minute Preparation Tips
These suggestions will help the candidate to get rid of panic, nervousness and tensions on or before the exam days:
- To get the appropriate idea of the question paper pattern have a look at the earlier year ones.
- Make small highlights like shortcut tricks, formulas, important points for revision in the last minute,
- Go through all the topics multiple times.
- Do not panic if your answer is incomplete.
- Do not invest a great deal of time on just one topic.
- Take part in online IBPS PO mock tests, speed enhancing tests and other series tests.
- On the day of exam stay calm. Do not mark answers based on guesswork as there is negative marking.
- To manage time efficiently make a proper schedule of time allotted for each type of question.