GATE 2019 would be conducted in the month of February 2019. If you are looking to apply for the exam, then one of the first things that you must do is fill up the GATE Application Form. You need to be really careful when you are filling up your GATE 2019 Application Form, as a small mistake might cancel your candidature altogether. In the following article, we are going to take a look at the process of GATE Registration so that you don’t make any mistakes while filling up the GATE exam form.
GATE 2019 Application Form – Important Details
Let us take a quick look at the important details of the GATE 2019 Application. The following table gives the details:
|Mode of GATE Registration||Online|
|Application Form available at GATE Website||Available Now|
|Availability of GATE 2019 Application Form||September 1, 2018 – October 1, 2018|
|Last Date for GATE Form Correction||October 28, 2018|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Exam Center||November 16, 2018|
|GATE Exam Date||February 2, 3, 9 and 10, 2019|
Please note that the dates given here are only tentative. If you want to get the latest updates, then click on the link:
Documents Required to Fill Up GATE Form 2019
For GATE Registration, you would need the following documents:
- Scanned photograph and signature of the candidate
- Personal Details and Address for Communication (including PIN Code) Details
- Eligibility Degree details
- GATE paper (subject) and choice of exam cities
- Net banking/credit card/debit card details for payment of fee.
- Valid Photo Identity Proof. You can use your Aadhaar Card/Passport/Driving License/PAN Card/Voter ID/College ID/Employee Identification Card/Notarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address, for the purpose. If you are a foreign student, then you can give your Passport/Government Issued ID/College ID/Employee ID.
- Degree Certificate/Provisional Certificate/Course Completion Certificate (Candidates who have completed their graduation in 2018 or earlier)
- Copy of Mark Sheet of the fifth or sixth or seventh semester as the case may be (Candidates who are in their final year).
- Final year students will also have to submit their Provisional Certificate Letter as per format issued by the Home of Institute/Dean/Registrar/Head of Department
- Candidates in final year of AMIE will have to keep ready their mark sheet for Section A of AMIE in case of professional equivalent qualifications.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Disability or PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Candidates who were pursuing higher degree or masters had to submit the qualifying degree certificate or provisional one.
- Candidates with backlogs had to upload a copy of any of the mark sheet of the final year issued by the institute where they are studying.
Important: Please note that mark sheet downloaded from the internet are not accepted.
Filling Up the Online GATE 2019 Application Form – An Overview
When you are looking to apply for GATE, you would need to go through the following steps:
- Registration through GOAPS
- GOAPS Login to Fill GATE Application Form
- Uploading of Required Documents
- Preview of Filled Application Form
- Payment of Application Fees
- Submission of Filled Application Form
Let us now take a look at the details of each of the stage of filling up the GATE Application Form
Step 1 – Apply for GATE Through GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System)
The first step of filling up the GATE Online Application is to register through GOAPS
Registration: Firstly, candidates had to register through GOAPS by providing their full name, valid email ID and mobile number. The submitted email ID and mobile number must be valid in nature since all communications related to the examination will be sent through this medium. International candidates will be communicated through email.
Enrollment Number: After registration, an enrollment number was provided to the candidates through SMS and email. The enrollment number is very important as it will be required later.
OTP: An OTP was also be sent to the registered mobile number for verification.
Password: A password also had to be chosen and set by the candidates. The selected password had to be unique and not be known to others.
Now, let us take a look at the next stage of the GATE 2019 Application Form
Step 2 – Filling of GATE 2019 Application Form
The next stage of the GATE Application Procedure is the actual filling up of the process. You would have to login using your enrollment number and password and click on “Start the GATE 2019 Application” button. The following details had to be provided:
Personal Details – You would need to fill in the following details in your GATE Exam Form
- date of birth,
- mobile number,
- name of the father/mother and etc.
You must remember that the details you fill up in your GATE Exam Form is similar to the qualifying degree certificate or the certificate issued by the Head of the Department/Institute in which the candidate was pursuing his/her study.
Academic Details – Information regarding the undergraduate degree details of the candidate along without other required information had to be submitted in the GATE application form 2019. A scanned copy of the eligibility certificate in PDF format also had to be submitted by the candidates when you are going for GATE Apply Online
Contact Details – Next, the candidates had to provide their address and contact information.
GATE Paper – The selection of GATE Paper had to be done by the candidates.
GATE Exam Centres – While selecting the exam centres, the candidates were able to select two GATE centres from their zone and one from another zone.
Photo Identity Proof – Candidates had to submit the details regarding their photo identity proof. One valid identity proof had to be selected by the candidates which had to be produced during the examination.
Step 3 – Uploading of Scanned Documents
Next, the candidates had to upload their scanned photograph, signature and other documents (if required) according to the specifications mentioned by the authorities in the GATE 2019 Application Form
Specifications of Scanned Documents for GATE 2019 Application Form
The following table gives the details of the specifications of scanned documents to be submitted with your GATE 2019 Application Form
|1||Photograph||· The passport-sized photograph should be coloured in nature.
· Has to be taken professionally in a white or a very light background.
· Should have been taken after August 1, 2018, and the face of the candidates have to occupy 50% of the area in the photograph. The face has to be clear and the candidates should be looking directly at the camera.
· Sunglasses or tinted glasses will not be accepted. Only clear glasses will be permitted
|Dimension: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
Maximum Resolution: 480 x 640 pixels
Minimum Resolution: 240 x 320 pixels
|2||Signature||· Candidates will have to do the signature in a rectangular box of 2 cm x 7 cm size on an A4 white paper.
· The signature has to be done in capital letters with black or dark blue ink.
· The signature should be scanned and cropped to the specified dimensions.
|Maximum Resolution: 160 x 560 pixels
Minimum Resolution: 80 x 280 pixels
Step 4 – Payment of Application Fees
Next, the candidates would be directed to the payment gateway web-page in their GATE 2019 Application Form. The payment of fees had to be done through online mode (net banking/debit card/credit card).The payment of fees is an important step when you are going for GATE Exam Online Apply. After the payment was done, the candidates were redirected to the GOAPS website. The status of payment could be checked by the candidates after logging back in their GOAPS account.
Details of the Application Fees for GATE 2019 Application Form
Fee during the extended period
Male Category (General/OBC) and Others
SC/ ST/ PWD and Women (All Categories)
International Students – Dubai and Singapore
International Students – Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu
* The mentioned application fee does not include service charges, processing fees and any other charges that banks may apply.
STEP 6 – Submission of GATE 2019 Application Form
After that, all you need to do is submit the GATE 2019 Application Form. You would need to take a print out of the form for future reference
These were the details of the GATE 2019 Application Form. We hope that now you would find it easy to proceed with your GATE Registration. For more information on GATE 2019, click on the button below: