The MAT result will be declared in the form of a scorecard by the official conducting body – All India Management Association. By logging in on the official website using their details, candidates can download the sectional and overall scorecard for MAT. MAT 2018 December exam will be conducted December 9 and, December 15 in offline and online modes respectively. Also, the candidates will receive the result through post after the declaration of MAT result. However, it is advised that candidates check the result online.
Dates regarding MAT Result
|MAT December 2018 – offline mode||February 17, 2019|
|MAT December 2018 – online mode||February 23, 2019|
|MAT December 2018 Result||February 28, 2019 (on or after)|
Steps to check MAT result
- Visit the AIMA official website
- Click on MAT Results
- Fill your respective Roll Number and Registration Form Number to know their results
- Select the month of the test as December
- Click on the submit button to view your card
MAT Result on SMS
Rather than just online and offline mode the MAT result is available through SMS service as well. The SMS will be sent on the candidates’ phone. All you have to do is enter their application number and DOB (date of birth) by prefixing MATS (in caps) and send it to 54242.
For Example – MATS 222356 032654 to 54242
How is MAT score calculated
- The MAT score is conducted in two modes 0 Online and offline mode. So, the difficulty may vary sometimes. Each question carries 4 marks and for each incorrect answer, one-fourth marks are deducted.
- MAT is conducted in multiple modes so the AIMA provides a scaled score.
- There are six categories in the scorecard – Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Composite Score and Indian & Global Environment.
- The composite score is computed using the first four sections of equal weights are assigned to all these sections. Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis & Sufficiency and Intelligence & Critical Reasoning are reported from scales ranging from 0 to 100.
- Indian global and Environment score is separately reported on a scale of 0 to 100.
- For all of the six scores, MAT percentile figure is given below. Each of these indicates the percentage of examinees who scored below the candidates based on all of the test takers.
- MAT score validity is for one year.
What after MAT Result
After the declaration of MAT result, the MAT participating institutes will declare a list of shortlisted candidates on the basis of the cutoff decided by the institutes. Each of the MAT participating follows their respective criteria and procedure for the further selection process. Most institutes follow a procedure of conducting a second round for the shortlisted candidates, which consists of Group Discussion, Personal Interview and Personal Interview. The final admissions of the candidates are based on the results of these rounds. Usually, the cut off rank for the MAT participating B-schools is between 200-800 which depends on the rank of the business school.
This was the information regarding MAT score. The MAT exam results are expected to be released on 28 February 2019 for the test conducted in the month of February. Candidates are informed that AIMA will exclusively declare the results of MAT and not the participating colleges.